Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I just tried to hand a couple of bags of jumpers into one of these Cash4Clothes2go2Africa2folkwithnoclothes places. Got the KB as apparently it's too hot in Africa for all my jumpers. Didn't even want the Ralf Lauren. Got £2 for some shorts and teeshirts though.

17 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I just tried to hand a couple of bags of jumpers into one of these Cash4Clothes2go2Africa2folkwithnoclothes places. Got the KB as apparently it's too hot in Africa for all my jumpers. Didn't even want the Ralf Lauren. Got £2 for some shorts and teeshirts though.

Didn't you tell them that it fucking snows in Africa.

19 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

That's Toto disgrace.

50 minutes ago, gavin_3110 said:

Applied for a job and they invited me to interview next week. They also contacted my referees at that point, one of whom is my current boss. Now the cat is well and truly out the fucking bag.

What's the fucking need for that?

Imagine contacting your referees for a reference.

If you didn't want your current boss to know, why did you put him as a referee?

3 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Because it was explicity stated one must be your current or most recent employer.

I'm more wondering what the point is in contacting them for a reference before they've met you for interview? Nevermind given an offer of employment. Wasn't stated either at any point of the process.

2 hours ago, gavin_3110 said:

Applied for a job and they invited me to interview next week. They also contacted my referees at that point, one of whom is my current boss. Now the cat is well and truly out the fucking bag.

What's the fucking need for that?

Imagine how awkward your workplace is going to be, especially if you don't get the job and you have to stay there with them knowing you can't wait to leave the place. 

Just thought I'd bring that to your attention in case you hadn't thought of it yet. No problemo.

9 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

Imagine how awkward your workplace is going to be, especially if you don't get the job and you have to stay there with them knowing you can't wait to leave the place. 

Just thought I'd bring that to your attention in case you hadn't thought of it yet. No problemo.

Fully aware, part of the reason I'm quite aggreived.

When did you last apply for a job MC? Not meant to be cheeky, genuine question. Since I've started work I've always had to give my most recent employer as a reference, I thought it was standard practice. There is normally a check box where they ask if they can be contacted before the interview. Stupid fucking question but at least they ask rather than go ahead and do it without you knowing.

I had to fill in some paperwork earlier for my young French work placement studenty girl. Left it on her desk for her to check I'd got all the details correct. "Just one change", she said. "I 'ave corrected you job title to Pervert". 

2 hours ago, gavin_3110 said:

Because it was explicity stated one must be your current or most recent employer.

I'm more wondering what the point is in contacting them for a reference before they've met you for interview? Nevermind given an offer of employment. Wasn't stated either at any point of the process.

14 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

When did you last apply for a job MC? Not meant to be cheeky, genuine question. Since I've started work I've always had to give my most recent employer as a reference, I thought it was standard practice. There is normally a check box where they ask if they can be contacted before the interview. Stupid fucking question but at least they ask rather than go ahead and do it without you knowing.

It has been a while, but I'm fully aware of the standard practice of having your most recent employer as a reference. I agree that the check box is stupid, but it's probably a cover against anyone claiming a previous employer has maliciously given them a poor reference .

Having said that, as long ago as I was applying for jobs, if you put someone down as a reference, it was hardly a surprise if the prospective employer contacted them at ANY stage in the interview process. I know of people who have been in the position where they turned up to the "interview" to be offered the job on the basis of their application and references - this may be the case here.

I really want to say that actually is a picture of the Inverness boy Mubtumbo and the Daily Mail's been hilariously racist, but I can't see him affording that car on a Caley wage. Tricky.

Edited by Miguel Sanchez