Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I gave a homeless guy £10 at Kings Cross tonight, cos he needed £5 to get the £20 for his hostel for the night, and having chatted to him for 5 minutes (I don't normally do that) I felt he was genuine, and meant well, and had just fallen on hard times. I hope he spent the extra fiver wisely, which I'm sure he did.

Normally homeless people don't need to pay to stay in a hostel for the evening. A private one is a different matter right enough.

Still, a lovely thing to do and I'm sure that he'll appreciate it. I always give some spare change when I can.

Normally homeless people don't need to pay to stay in a hostel for the evening. A private one is a different matter right enough.

Still, a lovely thing to do and I'm sure that he'll appreciate it. I always give some spare change when I can.

He had been a plasterer in Harrow (near where I stay, but I never told him where I lived) until a short while ago, then there was no work and he couldn't afford his rent. He had been sleeping rough for weeks and, and I hate myself for saying this without sounding patronising, was a really sound bloke and I felt he really didn't want to be having to rely on other people. He was apologetic when I gave him more than he needed, and tried to give me £5 back, but I wouldn't take it and hope I wasn't patronising in doing so.

Most hostels in London will charge people per night, it will allow him to have breakfast and a shower, there are some places that are free but they are generally for the alkies and druggies.

He had been a plasterer in Harrow (near where I stay, but I never told him where I lived) until a short while ago, then there was no work and he couldn't afford his rent. He had been sleeping rough for weeks and, and I hate myself for saying this without sounding patronising, was a really sound bloke and I felt he really didn't want to be having to rely on other people. He was apologetic when I gave him more than he needed, and tried to give me £5 back, but I wouldn't take it and hope I wasn't patronising in doing so.

Most hostels in London will charge people per night, it will allow him to have breakfast and a shower, there are some places that are free but they are generally for the alkies and druggies.

It's those sorts of people that I really feel for, it really could happen to anyone.

Didn't realise that you had to pay to stay in some hostels, a bit shit really but at least they are getting a warm bed and a meal out of it.

It's those sorts of people that I really feel for, it really could happen to anyone.

Didn't realise that you had to pay to stay in some hostels, a bit shit really but at least they are getting a warm bed and a meal out of it.

There are so many talented people who find themselves homeless, and just need a helping hand, I would do whatever I could to help them, differentiating between them and the people who don't want to help themselves can be difficult sometimes though.

Bottom line is that I earn good money, and have a nice house, if someone genuinely needs £5 to get a roof over their head for the night instead of sleeping on the streets then why shouldn't I give them that.

I have never posted on this thread, so apologies if this is known.

Apparently, if you post a photo taken from a smart-phone on a site like facebook, your address (in GPS form) is contained within the pixels of the photo.

Last night at about 8pm I went down to the car and someone had put a carrier bag on the bonnet. It contained 2 fully wrapped sausage suppers, an open and picked at fish supper and another undetremined supper which had been almost completely finished.

The car is in private off street parking so I have no idea how or why someone left that on the car! :blink:

Last night at about 8pm I went down to the car and someone had put a carrier bag on the bonnet. It contained 2 fully wrapped sausage suppers, an open and picked at fish supper and another undetremined supper which had been almost completely finished.

The car is in private off street parking so I have no idea how or why someone left that on the car! :blink:

Did you eat the sausage suppers?

A couple of weeks ago, in response to a couple of posts by Licthieforlife, I claimed the following:

I'm out :lol:

There is no way that this fucking imbecile can be a genuine poster.

More than three and a half thousands posts from an alias is pretty dedicated, I have to say.

If you aren't an alias or at the wind-up then I genuinely fear for your life. You have intelligence of a mentally retarded four-year-old.

Now, every time he posts I want to gouge my eyes out with rusty barbed wire. I don't think I've ever been infuriated as much as anything in my entire life.

How can I stop myself from responding to the utter fucking drivel he posts at every opportunity, thus keeping my promise to myself and maintaining the ice-cool respectability I have?

No, the problem with putting a person on block is that whenever he posts, instead of seeing the post you get a message saying "you have chosen to ignore all posts by member x". Plus, it doesn't really work as whenever someone quotes an ignored person you see the post anyway.