Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

I know this is a slightly controversial opinion, but I feel really quite sorry for people who have children when they are still young, even if they are in a stable relationship at the time. They're not going to get the same time back when they're 40 because you're laboured with all sorts of other responsibilities then.

I agree, that's why i said i dodged a bullet. To be fair so did the kid because i'm far too young and immature to look after one just now so it would end up a murderer or something laugh.gif should wait until yur in your late twenties for before considering a child unless circumstances dictate you can't wait that long

It will be six weeks to the day since I last did any exercise, probably the longest stretch I've ever went from a good couple of years now. In that time there has been a lot of fags and a lot more booze(so much) consumed that time.

Gym tonight, there is gonna be some spew. God help me...

I know this is a slightly controversial opinion, but I feel really quite sorry for people who have children when they are still young, even if they are in a stable relationship at the time. They're not going to get the same time back when they're 40 because you're laboured with all sorts of other responsibilities then.

I actually feel the opposite. I couldn't really care less about the lost time if I'm honest. I became a Dad two years ago and it was without doubt the best thing that I've ever done. I was just going out most weekends and getting wasted, working and that was it. I have so much more in my life now than I have ever had before, and although I am still quite young, I feel like I had done my fair share of fun stuff before I became a Dad. Even now I still get to go out on nights out and being young, I have lots of energy to run after my son and play with him when I am at home with him.

I've a mate that became a Dad at around 40 and I feel quite sorry for him. Sure he has lead a full life, but it must be quite tiring putting in a full shift at work then having to come home at night/weekends and find time for yourself and to entertain your kid.

It's not for everyone though.

I actually feel the opposite. I couldn't really care less about the lost time if I'm honest. I became a Dad two years ago and it was without doubt the best thing that I've ever done. I was just going out most weekends and getting wasted, working and that was it. I have so much more in my life now than I have ever had before, and although I am still quite young, I feel like I had done my fair share of fun stuff before I became a Dad. Even now I still get to go out on nights out and being young, I have lots of energy to run after my son and play with him when I am at home with him.

I've a mate that became a Dad at around 40 and I feel quite sorry for him. Sure he has lead a full life, but it must be quite tiring putting in a full shift at work then having to come home at night/weekends and find time for yourself and to entertain your kid.

It's not for everyone though.

there's a guy i work with who lives with his girlfriend and her wee boy (his stepson i suppose, but he never talks about him in that way) and his life seems to solely focus on the two of them. he's 21, works 7 days a week, during the week as an apprentice joiner then friday, saturday, sunday with me in a shop. i really feel for him because he's tied himself down to support the two of them, missing out on doing what people his age are meant to do.

that said, it sounds as though he used to be an absolute bam, so this might not be a bad thing.

Guest The Phoenix

All depends on the relationship, Fudge.

I'm a selfish c**t and didn't miss out on anything while my kids were growing up.

No one is ever going to say they regret their kid(s) was/were born but you could have had the same joy 5/10 years later. I know a few people that have blatently been held back by having kids which is probably what has lead me to form my opinion. 2 of them (2 different scenarios, they're not a couple) dropped out of uni because they couldn't afford it and now both have shite min wage jobs because they've got to scrape a living to support their children.

I don't subscribe to the old 'you can't go out and get pished with your mates line' becasue that's not what I mean at all. If I had a child just now, there are so many things I just wouldn't be able to do and they're not things I could ever do again when I was tied down in later life and it's got nothing to do with drink or money.

Guest The Phoenix

No one is ever going to say they regret their kid(s) was/were born but you could have had the same joy 5/10 years later. I know a few people that have blatently been held back by having kids which is probably what has lead me to form my opinion. 2 of them (2 different scenarios, they're not a couple) dropped out of uni because they couldn't afford it and now both have shite min wage jobs because they've got to scrape a living to support their children.

I don't subscribe to the old 'you can't go out and get pished with your mates line' becasue that's not what I mean at all. If I had a child just now, there are so many things I just wouldn't be able to do and they're not things I could ever do again when I was tied down in later life and it's got nothing to do with drink or money.

To me that is the best possible reason to have a family while you are still relatively young - to be fit and able to do all the things you want to do, with your kids sharing the experience.

Me - "I'm going to Skye for 3 weeks. Are you ok to look after baby X while I'm away"?

Mother of baby X - " :huh::angry: "

I can share experiences with my child when I'm any age. I couldn't get back the years that I'm footloose and fancy at the moment.

Guest The Phoenix

Me - "I'm going to Skye for 3 weeks. Are you ok to look after baby X while I'm away"?

Mother of baby X - " :huh::angry: "

I can share experiences with my child when I'm any age. I couldn't get back the years that I'm footloose and fancy at the moment.

You picked the wrong woman to have babies with.

Busted are brilliant. I can't think of another pop band with so many catchy songs. Some say 'What I go to school for' is up there with Dylan's 'Like a Rolling Stone', and it's hard to disagree.

Edited by Fudge

Busted are brilliant. I can't think of another pop band with so many catchy songs. Some say 'What I go to school for' is up there with Dylan's 'Like a Rolling Stone', and it's hard to disagree.

I was sticking a few Busted on in a jukebox up in Methill last season if I remember right. Took a royal slagging. Cannae whack it but. A.Mckechnie (VL) may remember.