Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

What's the sort of vaguely ravey song that goes "my day my day my wacaday day my day my day in my wacaday day"?

I'm not sure those are the correct lyrics as I've tried Googling and it just comes up with the popular "hitting children with a massive hammer" entertainment programme Wacaday. I don't think the song is anything to do with that.

On A Raga Tip? Can't remember who sang it though.

8 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

What's the sort of vaguely ravey song that goes "my day my day my wacaday day my day my day in my wacaday day"?

I'm not sure those are the correct lyrics as I've tried Googling and it just comes up with the popular "hitting children with a massive hammer" entertainment programme Wacaday. I don't think the song is anything to do with that.

We sure it's not this?

When I take charge of the country and my dictatorship begins, one of the first laws will be that anyone under the age of 21 who drives will not be allowed anything higher than 1.4L engine. Today I've decided that this law will also apply to anyone over the age of 65. Neither of those age ranges can safely handle an engine any higher.

586d6b443f41f_ImageUploadedByPieBovril14

On 03/01/2017 at 12:44, Granny Danger said:

We are getting a new pound coin in the Spring with the old one no longer being legal tender by the Autumn.

Apparenly 1 in 30 of the existing pound coins is a forgery!

They've been dithering about regarding this for years. Wonder why it's suddenly such an urgent issue.

There used to be a Spanish coin of substantially lower value that would fool vending machines into thinking you'd put in a pound. I remember us getting a lecture at school about how the machines would be taken away if we didn't stop filling them up with foreign currency, which presumably meant the company didn't have a scooby about how to stop them being used.

They've been dithering about regarding this for years. Wonder why it's suddenly such an urgent issue.
There used to be a Spanish coin of substantially lower value that would fool vending machines into thinking you'd put in a pound. I remember us getting a lecture at school about how the machines would be taken away if we didn't stop filling them up with foreign currency, which presumably meant the company didn't have a scooby about how to stop them being used.

We could stick our hand into the machines and wriggle the bottles of juice on bottom shelves free. Used to have dozens of bottles in my bag after some morning.

Then there was the sandwich machines that always broke and if you got lucky you never had to put money in, just pull the lever and you'd have yourself a free (but possibly out of date) egg, tuna, or cheese sandwich.

I don't think I've ever had anything for free from a vending machine, but those ones with the big moving coil were b*****ds for teasing you by leaving your crisps dangling when it didn't quite turn enough  :angry:

Been chucked on early shift since coming back down after Christmas/Hogmany and I really aint dealing with it. Sleeping pattern's all over the place and I'm getting two or three naps lasting a coupla hours at a time instead of a proper sleep no matter how I try and work it. After fucking my back up just before Christmas and my neice giving me a cold just before I came back down every morning is a real struggle to get up and out to work. Was wondering how I would manage to do this for another week before my day off.

Came into work and rota got changed yesterday and I don't need to come in tomorrow or Saturday. Coulda wept.

Always love a vending machine that drops bottles of fizzy juice from the top shelf down three feet before you pick it up.

I've got one with what I call the 'Powerade Lottery Button'.

I don't think it has ever had Poweraid and somebody evidently refills it with something different each time. I quite like it tbh, although sometimes you get Diet Coke which I've never been a fan of.

Eta: It's one of those machines without the glass front, just big buttons with the supposed drink logo on them.

Not quite a vending machine (but it's next to the vending machines). Used to go swimming in the leisure centre in Alloa and there was a kids' gaming machine that advertised the following bulk purchase incentive:

1 shot 20p

2 shots 40p

3 shots 60p

4 shots 80p

5 shots £1

21 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

The tune sticks in my head when I hear about Dundee United's Obadeyi.

3-300x180.jpg

Not quite a vending machine (but it's next to the vending machines). Used to go swimming in the leisure centre in Alloa and there was a kids' gaming machine that advertised the following bulk purchase incentive:
1 shot 20p
2 shots 40p
3 shots 60p
4 shots 80p
5 shots £1

Take it you don't go swimming there anymore as your banned for standing beside the kids play area?