Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

8 hours ago, Chip Poindexter said:

What "work" is it that leads you to the Women's Erotic Wrestling league at 2 o'clock in the morning? I feel the whoosh.

No, that was earlier in the day. I was up last night with a sore stomach that has finally turned into the bug that the rest of the family have endured over the past few weeks. I'd been looking for information on a DVD with 'Ring' in the title, and somehow Google decided that I'd be interested in erotic wrestling.

I can't possibly imagine why  :whistle

3 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Minimal background objects to reduce mocking. Quality photography.

You know when you've had too much to drink that your eyesight zooms to about 1ft in front of your face? It's that, rather than background anxiety. 

Left home alone. Ready steady cook style I raided the last of what was in the fridge and cupboards and came up with steak in balsamic with peas, washed down with gin, coke and cranberry. Made a cottage pie while I was at it. 

IMG_1658.thumb.JPG.10dd987eb7fa947f98798bf6b07df53e.JPG

Gin, Coke and cranberry? In the one glass? Gin and Diet Coke is a fucking champion drink. Not tried it with full fat, and I wouldn't be adding cranberry - I'm not a mentalist.

9 minutes ago, NorthernJambo said:

Gin, Coke and cranberry? In the one glass? Gin and Diet Coke is a fucking champion drink. Not tried it with full fat, and I wouldn't be adding cranberry - I'm not a mentalist.

It was purely through raiding what was available, not through choice.

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Left home alone. Ready steady cook style I raided the last of what was in the fridge and cupboards and came up with steak in balsamic with peas, washed down with gin, coke and cranberry. Made a cottage pie while I was at it. 

Steak cooked au point.  For a proper 'bachelor' night serve it with chips and a couple of fried eggs.

"gin, coke and cranberry"?  Things you flush down the lavvy thread for this.

Edited by The_Kincardine

Not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere, but just to compound St Mirren's woes, they've now been branded as minimum wage cheats:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-38974448

Fifteen Scottish firms have been "named and shamed" by the UK government as national minimum and living wage offenders.

The employers on the largest list ever compiled by the Department of Business must now give 124 members of staff a total of £29,033 in back pay.

They include St Mirren Football Club, as well as firms in the care sector and fast food industry.

1 hour ago, NorthernJambo said:

Aye, but surely you'd just go with gin and Coke or gin and cranberry juice? You didn't need to put everything in the cupboard in the glass?!

It was the last of the gin (quite a large measure), only a tiny drop of Coke, not enough to dilute the booze. It was either cranberry or Ribena as the remaining mixers available to me.