Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

17 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/mcdonalds-nugget-horror-scots-teen-11918625

Teen finds Chicken  "foot" in her McNuggets, looks for compensation.

Best line being, 

The 16-year-old said: "No being funny but I didnae want chicken toes in my chicken nugget last night. Bellshill McDonalds ya worst c***.

homer-facepalm.jpg

Hopefully she will find a foot buried in her pie, after a solid booting.

My colleague brought me a full box (12) of krispy creme donuts. An expensive but very nice gesture I think you'd all agree. I personally don't get the hype about them but the 3 I had were nice.......my wife had 7!

13 minutes ago, sjc said:

My colleague brought me a full box (12) of krispy creme donuts. An expensive but very nice gesture I think you'd all agree. I personally don't get the hype about them but the 3 I had were nice.......my wife had 7!

2 free doughnuts , but in Japan!

1ri5f3.jpg

1 hour ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I don’t understand the hype either. They taste so incredibly fake/chemically that I really don’t like them. Always a bit odd when someone brings in a tray to the office and are genuinely astounded that you don’t want one.

What do you think it is that causes the hype? Expensive marketing or brand association? If so, it's hard to imagine people are that thick.......then again!

22 minutes ago, heedthebaa said:

I’d rather buy a pack of raspberry filled from a supermarket than that overpriced shite

^^^This.

1 hour ago, sjc said:

What do you think it is that causes the hype? Expensive marketing or brand association? If so, it's hard to imagine people are that thick.......then again!

^^^This.

To be fair I’m not a huge doughnut fan in general (other than freshly made hot doughnuts which are delightful) so maybe not the best judge, but I guess some people just like a very sweet taste. I don’t have much of a sweet tooth so it tastes pretty rotten to me.

Edited by Honest_Man#1

Never tried them (have never had a Nandos either). Mind when folk were queuing up when one opened up (in Edinburgh I think). Everyone in that queue should have been culled

Same. I walked past a Nando’s and it was full of utter weapons, every table had a top-knot w****r seated at it. For the money, go to a half decent local restaurant. #fuckthechains

36 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

To be fair I’m not a huge doughnut fan in general (other than freshly made hot doughnuts which are delightful) so maybe not the best judge, but I guess some people just like a very sweet taste. I don’t have much of a sweet tooth so it tastes pretty rotten to me.

I think you're definitely right about the artificial sugary taste. I don't have a sweet tooth generally either but will occasionally gorge myself on sweet thing before not touching the like for days or weeks.

28 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Never tried them (have never had a Nandos either). Mind when folk were queuing up when one opened up (in Edinburgh I think). Everyone in that queue should have been culled

I went to the Nandos at Fountainbridge once to see what the hype was all about. Could easily make the equivalent better at home and a damn sight cheaper too!

24 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Same. I walked past a Nando’s and it was full of utter weapons, every table had a top-knot w****r seated at it. For the money, go to a half decent local restaurant. #fuckthechains

Tend to agree but have to admit that I loved a trip to La Tasca.

Krispy Creme can get to f**k just for the two weeks of traffic jams they caused when they opened their place at Hermiston Gait. And they’re really not that good. Give me a £1 bag of custard ones from Tesco any day.

I’ve had a Nandos once in my life and it’s comfortably the worst meal I’ve ever had. Makes McDonalds seem like a Michelin Star meal.

Krispy Kreme is a brand that hasn’t translated well over here. In the states their donuts are no bad, if i was passing id maybe stop in if theyre hot. But i’ve been to some amazing donut places that pish all over KK, Gibsons in Memphis, Round Rock Donuts in Texas and just generally find local places are better. there’s even a wee place in the west end of Glasgow called Tantrum and yes their donuts arent the cheapest but are pretty good!

2 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

Krispy Creme can get to f**k just for the two weeks of traffic jams they caused when they opened their place at Hermiston Gait. And they’re really not that good. Give me a £1 bag of custard ones from Tesco any day.

I’ve had a Nandos once in my life and it’s comfortably the worst meal I’ve ever had. Makes McDonalds seem like a Michelin Star meal.

Nae bother fatty.