Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

2 hours ago, Venti said:

Been thinking about wrapping up being a chef.

I'm good at it and its a good job, but helping kids with autism/handicapped/etc has got me thinking.

Might be a better carer.

Wow Venti. Big move, all I can say is, do what makes you happy bud.

4 hours ago, Venti said:

Been thinking about wrapping up being a chef.

I'm good at it and its a good job, but helping kids with autism/handicapped/etc has got me thinking.

Might be a better carer.

Might be a reach, but is there scope for being a chef WHILE helping kids with autism? Surely there are plenty of neurodiverse kids who may enjoy cooking and/or may be good at it. Imagine taking your skills and using them to conduct outreach to kids…just saying, outside the box is worth considering.

Im not wanting to encourage people to get into debt, so please only do this if it wont cause you problems. But very have a deal on just now where you get 20% off your first order using very pay, it is compatible with most of their black friday deals. You can pay it off without incurring interest. Got a nintendo switch for £200 and an iphone 14 for £500. 

Millionaire biohacker Bryan Johnson, 46, claims he has reverse-aged his PENIS by 15 years by using SHOCK therapy on his genitals - revealing he is aiming to have 'the erections of an 18 year old'

'So there's this technology: you have a wand and you sit in a chair and then the technician uses the wand and basically shocks your penis through the acoustic technology,' 

Shocking

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Probably not the right thread but not sure what other one to put it in (there's no 'General worries' thread!).

Found out earlier today that my old man, who is currently in Shetland, is quite ill just now. He hasn't eaten anything in days seemingly and said he's as ill as he's ever been. This is all deeply concerning since he nearly died earlier this year and had to have a stay of a few weeks in hospital. He's got chronic lymphocytic leukemia and had to get a load of chemo and steroid IVs when he was in hospital, then some days where he got ones as an outpatient. 

He's been fine for a while, or least that's what he tells us (me and my brothers), but this news is really worrying. I worry I'm going to get phone another call tonight/tomorrow morning when that wakes me up to give me bad news. The one in February about my mum was a Thursday/Friday too.

Hopefully it'll be OK but can't help feeling really anxious and worrying about it.

I know fukall but I’d suggest, from the tone of your message, that if it was me, I’d be getting myself somehow to Shetland. Your work/wife/weans will still be there to berate you for being a soft touch when you get back.  

Spoiler

Or be a hard nut, do fukall, post about it on PnB and see how that pans out. 

Edited by alta-pete

1 hour ago, DA Baracus said:

Probably not the right thread but not sure what other one to put it in (there's no 'General worries' thread!).

Found out earlier today that my old man, who is currently in Shetland, is quite ill just now. He hasn't eaten anything in days seemingly and said he's as ill as he's ever been. This is all deeply concerning since he nearly died earlier this year and had to have a stay of a few weeks in hospital. He's got chronic lymphocytic leukemia and had to get a load of chemo and steroid IVs when he was in hospital, then some days where he got ones as an outpatient. 

He's been fine for a while, or least that's what he tells us (me and my brothers), but this news is really worrying. I worry I'm going to get phone another call tonight/tomorrow morning when that wakes me up to give me bad news. The one in February about my mum was a Thursday/Friday too.

Hopefully it'll be OK but can't help feeling really anxious and worrying about it.

I’d be getting myself to Shetland by hook or by crook as soon as possible if I was you. 

We’ve been in a similar position with my grandad which meant many trips up the A9 to Caithness at stupid o’clock in the morning. But every single one was worth it especially for my mum