Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

56 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

Meantime, we have a staff:student ratio around 1:70 this year. 

Congratulations on a fine recruitment drive. Your admin colleagues in admissions must all be due a raise, an award, and promotion to middle management. Can’t have too many middle managers.

Just now, mathematics said:

Congratulations on a fine recruitment drive. Your admin colleagues in admissions must all be due a raise, an award, and promotion to middle management. Can’t have too many middle managers.

Dont worry, a few bits of crumbly concrete will have that ratio down to 1:35 before the end of the year. 

52 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Its been known about for about 15 years here tbf. Nothing is falling down anytime soon though so dont worry.

Bookmarked for the inevitable roof falls on head moment, like the antivaxxers who died from Covid.

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

I’m not googling that.

Hide contents

Yet

I was shown it at the weekend. It's eye opening there's a boy going around building sites taking the boots of the trades feet and licking them clean.

Edited by Derry Alli

10 hours ago, CityDave94 said:

I'll bet no one ever on here thought that they would ever read someone posting ''I wouldn't mind a cold refreshing glass of grapefruit juice if I could find someplace that stocks it nowadays?'' But here I am.

Is there a thread for stuff you don't see anymore?

I love grapefruit, but due to the blood pressure tablet I take, I was told my my doctor not to consume it, and the label on the tablets explicitly says not to consume grapefruit. Apparently it interacts with the drug and multiplies it's effect, so it could cause my blood pressure to drop dramatically.

2 hours ago, Soapy FFC said:

I love grapefruit, but due to the blood pressure tablet I take, I was told my my doctor not to consume it, and the label on the tablets explicitly says not to consume grapefruit. Apparently it interacts with the drug and multiplies it's effect, so it could cause my blood pressure to drop dramatically.

Depending on the severity of the hypertension, there are some options in BP meds that don’t interact with grapefruit and would allow you to drink it or eat them. It’s generally the calcium channel blockers that restrict you, so you could see about switching.

6 hours ago, PWL said:

Must be a bot or using ChatGPT. 

Nah, just had the ex-misses on a BP medication that allowed grapefruit juice, which surprised me because the ones I’ve been on all prohibited it. So if recalling that detail makes me a bot, so be it…🤖