Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

4 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Not a bad idea tbh.

IME the "cliff edge" of Work -> Fuckall is not healthy.

Fair point. Got to admit that as retirement was approaching I was focused entirely on the date, no thoughts whatsoever on what was going to happen after. Nearly 50 years working and now it’s just not there. Still got that ‘extended holiday’ feeling but, yeah, there has to be some kind of structure eventually. 

12 hours ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I am in Lanzarote at the moment and the temperature has been unreal for the time of the year,during the day it has not been less than 34c and just now at 9.48pm it is still 29c.

We are in Tenerife and it's the same. Melting. Going home tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

Not a bad idea tbh.

IME the "cliff edge" of Work -> Fuckall is not healthy.

I tried it for a year and couldn't hack it.  My mistake was going from 60-hour weeks to zero hour weeks.  I went back to work and am now back at 60 hour weeks but I will wind that down as and when (or if and when) I start to approach 65.  

Good news for Alert Mongoose. 

A study has found that staring at busty women can lengthen your lifespan, according to a group of German scientists.

An article published in the New England Journal of Medicine concluded that looking at a woman’s breasts for just a few minutes a day may be better for your health than going to the gym.

Author Dr Karen Weatherby, who is an expert in ageing, wrote: “Just 10 minutes of looking at the charms of well-endowed females is equivalent to a 30-minute aerobics work-out.”

The doctor’s research team spent five years monitoring the effects of the unique discovery.

The men who were told to stare at bosoms daily were found to have lower blood pressure and a slower resting pulse rate.

The study’s findings also established a decreased risk of coronary artery disease.

Dr Weatherby explained: "Sexual excitement gets the heart pumping and improves blood circulation.

"There's no question - gazing at large breasts makes men healthier."

She also recommends that men over 40 should spend at least 10 minutes daily admiring breasts size D-cup or larger

5 hours ago, Granny Danger said:

Maybe we need a retirement thread where those retired can offer advice to others in a similar position or nearing retirement.

My advice would be walking (for exercise), lying about (for bodily relaxation), reading/listening to music (for mental relaxation), scrabble or equivalent (for mental acuity), and drinking wine (no explanation required).

I am 21 months into retirement and feel at times that I’m becoming zombified and that I’d like to be doing something meaningful again but then I remember the stress of working…

Pretty solid. While I am in a large urban/suburban sprawl, I do find that a wander (mostly by car around here) off to look around a newish (to me area) area is a very nice distraction. Spent $12 last week on a regional transit pass and then spent 6 hours riding light rail and wandering downtown a bit…quite amusing…

1 hour ago, bennett said:

A study has found that staring at busty women can lengthen your lifespan, according to a group of German scientists.

An article published in the New England Journal of Medicine concluded that looking at a woman’s breasts for just a few minutes a day may be better for your health than going to the gym.

Author Dr Karen Weatherby, who is an expert in ageing, wrote: “Just 10 minutes of looking at the charms of well-endowed females is equivalent to a 30-minute aerobics work-out.”

The doctor’s research team spent five years monitoring the effects of the unique discovery.

The men who were told to stare at bosoms daily were found to have lower blood pressure and a slower resting pulse rate.

The study’s findings also established a decreased risk of coronary artery disease.

Dr Weatherby explained: "Sexual excitement gets the heart pumping and improves blood circulation.

She also recommends that men over 40 should spend at least 10 minutes daily admiring breasts size D-cup or larger

…and incidentally filled with large breasted women shooting Instagram or Tim Tok videos outside fashion locations in heels the size of the nearby skyscrapers. Was certainly good for my health. 

Edited by TxRover

17 minutes ago, DannyBlue said:

I realised on the bus earlier that the sentence "I'm here" is always true no matter who says it, where it's said or when.

This bus trip you were on.  Was it to the Rene Descartes appreciation society?

9 hours ago, bennett said:

Unless the wife catches you.

13 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

My best mate that’s been travelling Australia for the last year and a bit turned up on my doorstep tonight as a complete surprise (with four tins of T too). Made a quiet Saturday night in a lot better catching up 

His sense of direction must be really bad! 

42 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

My best mate that’s been travelling Australia for the last year and a bit turned up on my doorstep tonight as a complete surprise (with four tins of T too). Made a quiet Saturday night in a lot better catching up 

4 tins, just a half hour visit then?