Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkant said:

I am. Celtic are shite.

Cant believe they’ve got the disco lights for scoring against Buckie.

Got to use them for something. Mind they got them installed in a close season then didn’t qualify for the champions league. 🤣

Where do they get nurses from these days? Visiting my wife at Forth Valley and the nurse is checking off the medicines on her bedside table with a list on her laptop. After a while we notice she's having trouble finding something. Five minutes of "tutting" and sighing as she tries to find this on the list of asthma inhalers

20240121_180550.thumb.jpg.87232e620935ea1017daf3da25b7de00.jpg

24 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Where do they get nurses from these days? Visiting my wife at Forth Valley and the nurse is checking off the medicines on her bedside table with a list on her laptop. After a while we notice she's having trouble finding something. Five minutes of "tutting" and sighing as she tries to find this on the list of asthma inhalers

20240121_180550.thumb.jpg.87232e620935ea1017daf3da25b7de00.jpg

I’m not making light of your problem but those are the smallest fingers I’ve ever seen on an adult hand in my life @KnightswoodBear

Same nurse came in with a medicine trolley to give my wife her fragmen injection but noticed she was due to get her drink supplement so she wandered off to get that from the fridge. Came back, gave her the drink and wandered off again with her medicine trolley - without giving the fragmen injection. 25 minutes later she hadn't come back and was nowhere to be seen on the ward.

Seems incapable of holding two thoughts in her head at the same time. 

On 17/01/2024 at 13:13, GordonD said:

Going into hospital this afternoon for a skin graft on my leg, trying to fix ulcers that opened up following my radiotherapy last year. Op is tomorrow but I'm being admitted today as they wanted me in for 7:30. Told them I couldn't make it from Edinburgh to Livingston that early so they found me a bed for tonight. Probably be kept in tomorrow night as well and home for Friday if all goes well.

The skin graft didn't go entirely to plan - it didn't take properly so my leg is still bandaged. They kept me in until today (Tuesday) but they didn't know until this morning that it hadn't been a success. I was hooked up to a negative pressure device which sucked the nasty stuff out of the wound: they'd been planning to use this even before they decided to go for the graft. Not sure what happens next - I go back to see the consultant in February so he'll probably decide then how to proceed.

I saw an article that the Scotland squad are staying in a place called Garmisch-Partenkirchen for the Euros.

I Googled it and there's an interesting 'attraction' nearby (sadly closed just now):

Screenshot_20240123_231049_Opera.thumb.jpg.c4c75e76ac31de84e654fa4bedf32f05.jpg

7 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

I saw an article that the Scotland squad are staying in a place called Garmisch-Partenkirchen for the Euros.

I Googled it and there's an interesting 'attraction' nearby (sadly closed just now):

Screenshot_20240123_231049_Opera.thumb.jpg.c4c75e76ac31de84e654fa4bedf32f05.jpg

There's a webcam called Panoramaberg w**k

In a change to the usual routine, I had to take a client to A&E today. She is a delightful, stiff upper lip type and didn’t want to make a fuss but she had been speared in the eye by a tree she was chainsawing.

8 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

In a change to the usual routine, I had to take a client to A&E today. She is a delightful, stiff upper lip type and didn’t want to make a fuss but she had been speared in the eye by a tree she was chainsawing.

Following your advice and instructions, was she ?

Edited by Florentine_Pogen

Saudi Arabia to get first alcohol shop in more than 70 years - BBC News

The clientele will be limited to diplomatic staff, who have for years imported booze in sealed official packages known as diplomatic pouches.

I can see where this is going, it will not end well.

Prohibition has been law since 1952, after one of King Abdulaziz's sons drunkenly shot dead a British diplomat.

US inmate faces first nitrogen execution.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68089279

Leaving aside the capital punishment debate in general, how hard is it to kill someone 'humanely'? They've already botched an execution by lethal injection and have now come up with a new experimental way to do it.

Why can't they just put people to sleep as if they're in for an op, up the dose a bit so they don't wake up?

Bonkers country.

5 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

US inmate faces first nitrogen execution.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-68089279

Leaving aside the capital punishment debate in general, how hard is it to kill someone 'humanely'? They've already botched an execution by lethal injection and have now come up with a new experimental way to do it.

Why can't they just put people to sleep as if they're in for an op, up the dose a bit so they don't wake up?

Bonkers country.

I think death by nitrogen asphyxiation would be quite a peaceful way to go, if you never knew it was happening. Maybe like you say, anaesthesia then maybe lower the oxygen content of the room. But obviously the yanks have to strap a mask onto him and make it as barbaric as possible....