Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

14 hours ago, jagfox said:

I still feel the Barrow game could have been played yesterday...

FB_IMG_1702237003559.thumb.jpg.36de930809b762f9bd0dd3dc431a263e.jpg

Let's be honest, a few loaves of stale bread and that would easily make the top 5 of Barrow fans' memories at Holker Street.

Feeding ducks is almost as entertaining as eating them.

59 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Former Scoter-land player Gary Teal(e) in midfield. The striker, Eider Gudjohnsen is a bit of a pochard. 

Any chance of tempting Chris Waddle out of retirement?

Miss Nicaragua: Pageant director quits after treason claims

The director of the Miss Nicaragua beauty pageant, Karen Celebertti, has stepped down 10 days after she was charged with treason.

Police have accused Ms Celebertti of rigging the contest in favour of anti-government beauty queens.

You can see the treason in her eyes

_131994727_gettyimages-1786611358.jpg.we

26 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I believe the technical term is "shat the bed".

Are you saying that you cancelled at the last minute or that you performed badly ?  If the latter, don't feel bad, good public speaking is an art form and in my experience, not many people have the skill. (Pro's aside..)

When I was at uni, we had to present our work in 'crits', basically in front of your peers and tutors - I had a terrible time with stage fright and used to freeze, literally unable to speak.

In later years I discovered that a wee swally prior to presenting helps greatly. 😀

1 minute ago, Florentine_Pogen said:

Are you saying that you cancelled at the last minute or that you performed badly ?  If the latter, don't feel bad, good public speaking is an art form and in my experience, not many people have the skill. (Pro's aside..)

When I was at uni, we had to present our work in 'crits', basically in front of your peers and tutors - I had a terrible time with stage fright and used to freeze, literally unable to speak.

In later years I discovered that a wee swally prior to presenting helps greatly. 😀

Meant anxiety got the better of me and I froze. I might have recovered it sufficiently to pass though.

I already had 21 marks so only need to salvage together 19 marks from two components (one component worth 30 marks (which I get the results for tomorrow) and the presentation which was worth 40 marks) of the module to get an overall pass, so today's rabbit in headlights routine might not even matter much.