Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

4 minutes ago, GordonD said:

Tam Cowan used to claim that as a boy he used to play a game called 'Touch the dog's arse'. Maybe that's how it starts...

What did he touch it with?

3 hours ago, GordonD said:

Tam Cowan used to claim that as a boy he used to play a game called 'Touch the dog's arse'. Maybe that's how it starts...

I think that arsehole Tour Guides in Edinburgh should stop telling tourists that touching Greyfriars Bobby's nose is a tradition when it bloody well isn't and start telling tourists that playing touch the dug's arse is. 

On 06/08/2024 at 20:12, Jacksgranda said:

I've a very sore knee, which has just seemed to have come out of nowhere.

I said to my wife "I'd love to know what happened to my knee."
My wife said "Old age, Jacksgranda."
I replied "My other knee's the same age, and there's nothing wrong with it."

Ditto. Maybe we could put it in our wills to donate our good knee to each other? 

20 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Thank you Amazon. My wife had some designer shoes on her wishlist and got a notification that some had 60% off - £100 down to £40. So she went to buy a pair and noticed she had a discount voucher on the checkout page for 50% off, so she applied it. The shoes were reduced to zero. She tried it with some others and, would you believe it, it worked again. All in all she got 5 pairs of shoes and a designer swimsuit for £0. 15 minutes later, the sale had stopped. She was sure they'd notice their error and cancel the sale but no, yesterday they all arrived. 

She hasn't broken any rules that I can see, just followed their steps to get a bargain. 

I have to ask - did you actually see written confirmation of the above or has your wife done you here? 

9 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I have to ask - did you actually see written confirmation of the above or has your wife done you here? 

lol - no, I saw the screen. 

It's her money anyway so makes no difference to me. 

13 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Ditto. Maybe we could put it in our wills to donate our good knee to each other? 

Aye, well as long as nobody ends up with two lefts (or rights).

9 minutes ago, Venti said:

Love babysitting my neighbours kids. Thought they'd like cereal? Eggs benedict FFS.

Ffs, weans asking for eggs benedict? cut ties now.

Tomorrow's Tories, today.

1 hour ago, 'WellDel said:

Ffs, weans asking for eggs benedict? cut ties now.

Tomorrow's Tories, today.

Weans are better at FIFA FC24 & Fortnite than me.

On 08/08/2024 at 09:02, Newbornbairn said:

Thank you Amazon. My wife had some designer shoes on her wishlist and got a notification that some had 60% off - £100 down to £40. So she went to buy a pair and noticed she had a discount voucher on the checkout page for 50% off, so she applied it. The shoes were reduced to zero. She tried it with some others and, would you believe it, it worked again. All in all she got 5 pairs of shoes and a designer swimsuit for £0. 15 minutes later, the sale had stopped. She was sure they'd notice their error and cancel the sale but no, yesterday they all arrived. 

She hasn't broken any rules that I can see, just followed their steps to get a bargain. 

Who is the designer? What Every’s?

On 08/08/2024 at 09:02, Newbornbairn said:

Yobs loot and smash up high street shops during Hull riots

Just saying like.

Can't find the dream thread. I shall therefore post here. Yes, I'm apparently an adult and I get scared on occasion (a ludicrously random order, can be nothing in years but then can be multiple in a week and/or month).

Oddly I'm OK with the dark. Have walked creepy, unlit, country roads before (an owl!)* and was even once tracked by a falcon.

Had my absolute number one worst dream again the other night.

It was the dream where I have a nightmare and scramble to turn on the lamp/light on my bedside table, but in my dream when I try to turn on my bedside lamp it doesn't work, so I try to turn on the 'big' light in my bedroom, but that also doesn't work, so I run to the bathroom to try the light.

Said light also doesn't work and my utter panic (each time I try to turn on a light my panic increases) eventually wakes me up. 

I wake up utterly terrified and have to switch on my bedside lamp. I'm an, apparently, grown man, yet I have nightmares randomly (can be every week, can be every second week, can be every month, can be every six months and so on).

I don't find myself afraid of the dark (plenty of personal stuff attests to this) but when I have a nightmare I absolutely must have a light on.

Anyway, have not been sleeping well recently so have been having lots of mini dreams and not enjoying a lot of them as some involve my dead mum.

I've had some dreams with my dead maw and don't mind them but find it weird when my mum appears (mostly).