Things you want to share with P&B

Ad Lib

9 hours ago, GordonD said:

This is not something I particularly want to share but I have to put it out there anyway. Still finding it difficult to put it into words.

I've been having chemotherapy for tumours in my lungs but a month ago I was told it wasn't working and it was stopped. Then a couple of weeks ago the oncologist said that the cancer had spread - there's another tumour pressing on my spinal cord which gives me intermittent back pain which currently can be eased by Paracetamol. Fortunately it doesn't hurt when I'm lying down so it's not keeping me awake at night. He said that the chemo was unlikely to have any effect and might do more harm than good so he didn't recommend starting it up again. They are not planning any further treatment.

I'm avoiding using the T-word but that's what it amounts to. I don't know what the forecast is because I told him I didn't want to know. I'm still trying to get my head round it; currently I'm taking things one day at a time and varying between burying my head in the sand and when longer-term things come up, thinking f**k it, what's the point? Positive attitude is supposed to help but I'm finding it hard to maintain one sometimes.

Not the best of news Gordon- but if you hold on that 4th administration (or is it 5) might come soon.. ;) 

Like the others say there is a community of good guys (except for me, I'm a fud) on here so hopefully we can help you with things

Thought I'd share this money-making tip with a select few on P&B.

You can buy a kg of Mercury for around £100
A pair of plastic tweezers costs about £2.50.
If you remove one proton from every atom, you'll have a kg of pure Gold worth £62000 at today's prices.

29 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

If you remove one proton from every atom, you'll have a kg of pure Gold worth £62000 at today's prices.

Sure I read something about splitting the atom being risky. They're pretty small though so what's the worst that could happen?

45 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

Just need to source some Mercury then the rest should be a piece of piss and I'm quids in, cos according to the wife I should be an expert with the tweezers.

20 hours ago, GordonD said:

This is not something I particularly want to share but I have to put it out there anyway. Still finding it difficult to put it into words.

I've been having chemotherapy for tumours in my lungs but a month ago I was told it wasn't working and it was stopped. Then a couple of weeks ago the oncologist said that the cancer had spread - there's another tumour pressing on my spinal cord which gives me intermittent back pain which currently can be eased by Paracetamol. Fortunately it doesn't hurt when I'm lying down so it's not keeping me awake at night. He said that the chemo was unlikely to have any effect and might do more harm than good so he didn't recommend starting it up again. They are not planning any further treatment.

I'm avoiding using the T-word but that's what it amounts to. I don't know what the forecast is because I told him I didn't want to know. I'm still trying to get my head round it; currently I'm taking things one day at a time and varying between burying my head in the sand and when longer-term things come up, thinking f**k it, what's the point? Positive attitude is supposed to help but I'm finding it hard to maintain one sometimes.

Feels a bit weird "liking" that but all the best. I don't post on the forum nearly as much as others but the majority of folk here seem like decent folk, despite their footballing tastes😏 hopefully they keep ripping the pish and give you somewhere to come and have a laugh.

21 hours ago, GordonD said:

Sore one...an understatement obviously.  Not much to add to what others have said but you've plenty of folk here in your corner.  Take care buddy.

1 hour ago, thomas said:

Feels a bit weird "liking" that but all the best.

That was my initial reaction when the greenies started coming in but I understand the spirit in which they're meant.

Tried to wrote a dating profile* earlier.

"I enjoy fun, love some excitement, a tremendous hugger, very affectionate, very loyal, love eating out, enjoy meeting new folk, very friendly".

Came across that I was writing a profile for a f**king golden retriever or labrador. Not as hairy but just as lazy and greedy as those dogs (but they don't need to trim their bag, although I haven't been spayed) 

Obviously joking, I've never made a dating profile cos I'm really fat and frankly pretty rank.

Edited by DA Baracus

25 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

"I enjoy fun, love some excitement, a tremendous hugger, very affectionate, very loyal, love eating out, enjoy meeting new folk, very friendly".

Came across that I was writing a profile for a f**king golden retriever or labrador. Not as hairy but just as lazy and greedy as those dogs (but they don't need to trim their bag, although I haven't been spayed) 

Reveal hidden contents

Obviously joking, I've never made a dating profile cos I'm really fat and frankly pretty rank.

ChatGPT to your (potential) rescue

"I’m all about enjoying life and seeking out new adventures. I thrive on excitement and am a huge fan of sharing warm, affectionate hugs. Loyalty is important to me, and I love exploring new restaurants and meeting interesting people. If you’re looking for someone friendly and engaging, let’s shag!"

50 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Hide contents

There are women who are into fat and rank. According to a mate.

You could try adding 'celebrated inventor with a large online following; enjoys lively debates and has a trenchant wit. Definitely not a golden retriever or labrador'.

Really looking forward to when you end up in a serious relationship and rub everyone else's noses in it  :P

26 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Really looking forward to when you end up in a serious relationship and rub everyone else's noses in it  :P

I'll pass on this activity when it happens thanks. 

16 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Reveal hidden contents

Save something for the second date