Procycling thread

myshkin

2 hours ago, Bishop Briggs said:

Great win for Geohhegan Hart but if he had not eased up in the last 100m, he could be in 3rd place in the GC.

He's on the periphery of the GC competition & I think he will have to pull out a major stage win to be in with a chance of the Maglia Rosa, in Milan.

58 minutes ago, kiddy said:

He's on the periphery of the GC competition & I think he will have to pull out a major stage win to be in with a chance of the Maglia Rosa, in Milan.

I was thinking of TGH making the podium, not winning the GC. 

Positive Covid tests could yet influence or determine the result. 

22 minutes ago, jaggyness said:

3rd week really suits the pure climbers so would say Kelderman the favourite from here. After the tour I'm not going to predict a winner emoji85.png Vuelta starts on Tuesday as well!

I thought Kelderman was on the limit too, that GH was able to come round him & take him for a couple of seconds.

Just hope the weather doesn't close in & they can get over the Stelvio & other mountain passes in the Dolomites & Alps..

20 minutes ago, Bishop Briggs said:

I was thinking of TGH making the podium, not winning the GC. 

Positive Covid tests could yet influence or determine the result. 

I'd think Ineos plan might come back into focus, with GH sitting 4th at 3 mins, having taken 5 stages. Might find he'll rely more heavily of Castroveijo, Pucchio & Swift (who has been climbing well).

With 3-10th covered by 1 min, it could open right up if Kelderman & Almeida fade in week 3.

Vuelta selected others. Valverde 11, Gesink 12 Dumoulin 16 @51 Poels 27 @1.51, Martinez 39 @4.29, Vlasov 42 @4.31, Pinot 63 @9.56, Froome 72 @11.12.

What a waste of a slot Froomes inclusion is. He's going to be of zero help to Carapaz & the team on that showing.
ISUN have certainly been sold a pup there.
Never going to be anywhere near the same rider again. His time is up.