Procycling thread

myshkin

Ineos for Tour de France (26/6-18/7)

van Baarle, Carapaz, Castroviejo, T.G.Hart, Kwiatkowski, Porte, Rowe, G.Thomas

No Dennis.

All but confirms he will be leaving since he hasn't been selected. That is a seriously strong lineup non the less.

That's possible but Porte usually has at least one bad day or a bad crash in a GT. 
If Carapaz is riding as a domestique, he will want to contest the GC  in the Vuelta but Bernal will probably be the leader.
Think he'll be going to La Vuelta as the alternative. Martinez will be their main domestique there.
Isn't Adam Yates slated to be leader at La Vuelta?

2 hours ago, buddie06smfc said:

No Bennett in Quickstep team - Cav in as the sprinter instead. Bennett’s injury obviously not healed in time.

Bennett to move on from DQS? Reported in Belgian press that LeFevere reckons he could be sandbagging on the knee injury.

""I cannot prove that he does not have knee pain, but I am starting to think more and more that it is more fear of failure than just pain"

Lefevere doubts Bennett's explanation: "I'm not just going to let this pass" | Tour | sporza

Bennett to move on from DQS? Reported in Belgian press that LeFevere reckons he could be sandbagging on the knee injury.
""I cannot prove that he does not have knee pain, but I am starting to think more and more that it is more fear of failure than just pain"
Lefevere doubts Bennett's explanation: "I'm not just going to let this pass" | Tour | sporza
Lefevre stated, after signing Evenepoel, Asgreen and Alaphilippe to long term deals, that he couldn't afford to keep Bennett for next season. They are also, as it currently stands, without a title sponsor for next year although Lefevre says that is in hand. He's done this before though, see gaviria, viviani and Tony Martin as prime examples.

UAE for Tour de France

Bjerg, Costa, Formolo, Hirschi, Majka, McNulty, Pogacar, Stake Laengen

Still not overly strong, considering the team he had in Slovenia. Looks like he may be going it alone in most of the mountains.

No Trentin/Polanc/Ulissi/Olivera.

UAE for Tour de France

Bjerg, Costa, Formolo, Hirschi, Majka, McNulty, Pogacar, Stake Laengen

Still not overly strong, considering the team he had in Slovenia. Looks like he may be going it alone in most of the mountains.

No Trentin/Polanc/Ulissi/Olivera.

McNulty was/is considered the next big thing to come out of the states. He's shown decent form this year and Costa, Majka, Formolo and Hirschi are all decent climbers.

On 21/06/2021 at 14:10, buddie06smfc said:

No Bennett in Quickstep team - Cav in as the sprinter instead. Bennett’s injury obviously not healed in time.

Fantastic news! I though Cav was done last year and that he would retire at the end of the season. His return to Quickstep has been a great move. 

Cav sees Tim Merlier as the top sprinter atm. There's not been much between them when they've raced each other this year.

Van Aert and Sagan will be up there too. Not sure about Ewan though. Really looking to forward to the bunch sprints this year. 

Rotten luck for Marc Soler - following on from his early departure from the Giro in May it would appear he is out of the Tour after being last man across the line at 24 mins down. Hopefully he'll make the Movistar Vuelta team and make it through scot-free. Crazy decision from that woman to stand facing away from the race on a single track road. 

The Sam Bennett saga also continues as Lefevere is claiming Bennett's has breached terms of his contract. Lefevere a pretty unlikeable chap at the best of times.  

Ineos pecking order seems clarified. Porte lost 2.16, TGH 5.33. Thomas is at 0.08 with Pogacar, Haig & Kelderman. Carapaz lost 0.13.

Lopez 1.49, Woods 8.50, Izagirre 11.05 & Froome 14.37.

Rotten luck for Marc Soler - following on from his early departure from the Giro in May it would appear he is out of the Tour after being last man across the line at 24 mins down. Hopefully he'll make the Movistar Vuelta team and make it through scot-free. Crazy decision from that woman to stand facing away from the race on a single track road. 
The Sam Bennett saga also continues as Lefevere is claiming Bennett's has breached terms of his contract. Lefevere a pretty unlikeable chap at the best of times.  
Shame for Soler, he comes across in the Movistar documentary as a decent bloke. Very banged up and it's lucky there weren't more riders badly hurt.