Procycling thread

myshkin

3 hours ago, Bob in Denny said:

tob.jpg.0d9f6c456f2adf262edc3d9ca0d24041.jpg

Eh, Tour of Britain  England and Wales stages 3rd Sept - 10th Sept....

The tour of Britain normally gets a good field as it's the last big event before the Worlds. Can't see many of the top names bothering this year with it clashing with la vuelta and the worlds having been and gone. 

12 hours ago, jaggyness said:

The tour of Britain normally gets a good field as it's the last big event before the Worlds. Can't see many of the top names bothering this year with it clashing with la vuelta and the worlds having been and gone. 

Jumbo-Visma have a strong team - Wout Van Aert, Kruizwijk, van Hooijdonk all in their team - and Ineos have Pidcock as their leader. Lots of sprint stages which means a few decent big name sprinters are there too given there's nothing for the sprinters in la Vuelta now until the last few days plus Madrid.

2 hours ago, Bob in Denny said:

Evenopeol, 8 mins over the peloton after yesterday's ride? WTF 

You can only assume his temperament will preclude him from ever achieving the greatness folk think he will achieve.

16 minutes ago, kiddy said:

You can only assume his temperament will preclude him from ever achieving the greatness folk think he will achieve.

I know he'd been a bit of a diva at time, lashes out once at, was it Eddie Dunbar ?

Did the rumours of Ineos and Lefevre's comments cause something?

I didn't pay too much to the afters yesterday as I thought he'd blown up completely...

Oh well...

21 minutes ago, Bob in Denny said:

I know he'd been a bit of a diva at time, lashes out once at, was it Eddie Dunbar ?

Did the rumours of Ineos and Lefevre's comments cause something?

I didn't pay too much to the afters yesterday as I thought he'd blown up completely...

Oh well...

I don’t doubt he will be one of the best of his generation & end up with an extensive palmares, but I can’t see him matching the heights of Merckx.

7 minutes ago, kiddy said:

I don’t doubt he will be one of the best of his generation & end up with an extensive palmares, but I can’t see him matching the heights of Merckx.

Must be a bit of a poisoned challis for a Belgian though, especially one who looks like he has all the tools at his disposal. Has a GT already and possibly robbed of another given the Covid at the Giro. Not his fault that Jumbo Vismo are ridiculous and his team are pretty ordinary. 

3 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Must be a bit of a poisoned challis for a Belgian though, especially one who looks like he has all the tools at his disposal. Has a GT already and possibly robbed of another given the Covid at the Giro. Not his fault that Jumbo Vismo are ridiculous and his team are pretty ordinary. 

Meanwhile, on his 3rd GT of the year!🙄

https://x.com/faustocoppi60/status/1700258902653464662?s=46&t=za8h55kV-Xo6wZ3boaqGGg

Almost makes Chris Horner’s Vuelta win look normal!

Edited by kiddy

The fun and excitemet has been sucked right out of this Vuelta by Jumbo.

The only interesting remaning point will be which of their 3 GC leaders do they give the win to? Do they just let Kuss stick to the wheels all the way to Madrid? Or do they let Roglic have a pop?

That aside, there's not much else to get excited by, other than L'Angliru tomorrow.

2 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

The only interesting remaning point will be which of their 3 GC leaders do they give the win to? Do they just let Kuss stick to the wheels all the way to Madrid? Or do they let Roglic have a pop?

That aside, there's not much else to get excited by, other than L'Angliru tomorrow.

Surely if Kuss is capable they let him win it? Maiden GT victory, gives him a bit more status in that team (which already has 2 multiple GT winners and Wout van Aert!) and it means they'll be able to have a fantastic photoshoot for the sponsors with their three winners each wearing their winners Jersey. A 'shame' for them van Aert didn't win the road race in Glasgow or they could have had a clean sweep, more or less.

Can't have happened before, a single team winning all three GT in the same year, surely? Sky held all three with Froome obviously but across 2 years, and I can't remember any team managing to win all three in a season, with one, two or three riders? 

1 minute ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Surely if Kuss is capable they let him win it? Maiden GT victory, gives him a bit more status in that team (which already has 2 multiple GT winners and Wout van Aert!) and it means they'll be able to have a fantastic photoshoot for the sponsors with their three winners each wearing their winners Jersey. A 'shame' for them van Aert didn't win the road race in Glasgow or they could have had a clean sweep, more or less.

Can't have happened before, a single team winning all three GT in the same year, surely? Sky held all three with Froome obviously but across 2 years, and I can't remember any team managing to win all three in a season, with one, two or three riders? 

I can't recall a single team ever winning all 3 GTs with 3 different riders in the same season.

2 hours ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

Of course, they go ahead and have the three Jumbo guys actually attacking each other. That's how little a threat they view the rest of the field.