Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Toots and the Maytals at the O2 ABC tonight. Brilliant!
What a voice Toots Hibbert has. Loved the call and response stuff with the audience.

I thought they were shite. Toots' voice is in great nick, but large chunks of that were boring as f**k. Sweet & Dandy and 54-46 were the only highlights for me.

Bit of a pain in the arse having to wait until I get paid on Friday to try for Arcade Fire tickets. Just need to hope that the LN pre-sale has tickets left in the early hours. Don't really give a f**k if it's standing or not. Being at the gig seating is better than not being there.

Still got 10 gigs to go this year:

Doghouse Roses playing a studio concert for Celtic Music Radio next month

Courtney Marie Andrews

Aaron Lee Tasjan

Margaret Glaspy

Jarrod Dickenson

Jolie Holland and Sam Parton

Half Man Half Biscuit

Breeders

Jason Isbell

Stray Birds

And I might get a ticket for Nathan Bell nearer the time.

13 hours ago, GrahamJags said:

I thought they were shite. Toots' voice is in great nick, but large chunks of that were boring as f**k. Sweet & Dandy and 54-46 were the only highlights for me.

You kinda know what you're going to get at a Toots gig, he played all the hits and only 2 songs were highlights for you? Tells us more about you than the gig tbf.

Pressure Drop, Bam Bam, Sweet and Dandy, Funky Kingston, 54-46, Monkey Man and loads more, nearly 2 hours of the legend at work and most likely the last time we'll get to see him in Scotland. Enjoyable evening for me.

You kinda know what you're going to get at a Toots gig, he played all the hits and only 2 songs were highlights for you? Tells us more about you than the gig tbf.
Pressure Drop, Bam Bam, Sweet and Dandy, Funky Kingston, 54-46, Monkey Man and loads more, nearly 2 hours of the legend at work and most likely the last time we'll get to see him in Scotland. Enjoyable evening for me.

I do know what I'm going to get at one of his gigs, since that was the fourth time I've seen him. Just because he played all the hits, doesn't mean he played them well. As I said, his voice was in great nick. I think it was more his band that were flat. Definitely the worst time I've seen them. Sound wasn't great either, which it was abundantly clear Toots thought so as well.

Has anyone been to a gig at Kelvingrove Bandstand? What's it like, how is the sound? I've managed to get a ticket to see Brian Wilson there on Thursday.

Saw belle and Sebastian there decent venue IF it doesn't rain. Sound was good. Really enjoyed it.

Has anyone been to a gig at Kelvingrove Bandstand? What's it like, how is the sound? I've managed to get a ticket to see Brian Wilson there on Thursday.

Was on a bar next to his set at Kendal and he sounded tremendous at that outdoor venue. What a show!

Cracking wee venue, although rain would be a game changer. Saw Super Furry Animals last year and I'm going to see Seasick Steve next week.

Sound seemed fine to me at SFA, to be fair I was steaming.