Gigs

pilsner_ffc

15 minutes ago, paul wright scores said:

I was in the 2nd back row of the upper sections and the sound was fine apart from 'True Faith".  

Any time I've been in the Hydro I've been at the front so I don't know if it's down to that. Compared to The National last week, I noticed it.

On 07/10/2023 at 18:24, Miguel Sanchez said:

I was literally first in the door for New Order and agree with everything. Confidence Man wasn't my thing but they were very good. The stage seemed really high but we (just) got a decent view of everything.

One complaint I had was the sound - it seemed to be all over the place from song to song. One minute it's fine then the next one Phil's guitar starts and it's twice as loud as everything else. I can't speak for all of the crowd but it definitely seemed er... of a certain demographic. Maybe that led to the lack of phones.

I filmed the whole thing though and it'll be on youtube soon enough.

I was near the back of the standing bit and thought the sound was horrendous for the first couple of songs. Pushing my earplugs in further seemed to sort it out but yeah, the less guitar-led songs sounded much better to me.

Should have been in Las Vegas watching 3/4 of U2 on Sunday playing The Sphere. 

Judging by the footage I’ve seen I think I’d have been fcuked off with the amount of mobile phones in my view. 

Given I watched the footage from mobile phones I know that smacks of hypocrisy but I’m kinda glad now I managed to sell my tickets and will wait for the official film. 

Not missed a U2 tour since the late 70s. Probably more habit than anything else as I preferred the early stuff. I like to travel to various countries to see them. Saved a huge amount of dosh by not going to this. 

On 09/10/2023 at 17:13, Harry Kinnear said:

Manics and Suede at Edinburgh Castle next July looks well worth seeing. Never been to a gig at the Castle so hope I can get tickets.

I got tickets for that this morning, I’ve seen both bands several times before and it should be a great night. Glad now that I didn’t make the trip to the US for their joint tour last year. 

I’ve never been to a gig at the castle either so not quite sure what to expect. 

9 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Got tickets for X Ambassadors at St Lukes in March next year. Absolutely amazing live band, have seen them three times at Oran Mor over the years. Really looking forward to that one.

Never heard of them so I’m going on your recommendation!

Booked! 

Will check them out on Spotify. 

17 minutes ago, Brian Graham’s Lovely Hair said:

I got tickets for that this morning, I’ve seen both bands several times before and it should be a great night. Glad now that I didn’t make the trip to the US for their joint tour last year. 

How do you get the early tickets? 

4 minutes ago, Molotov said:

Never heard of them so I’m going on your recommendation!

Booked! 

Will check them out on Spotify. 

Sam Harris is a great frontman. Top songs to check out first? I’d recommend ‘Renegades’, ‘Unsteady’, ‘Jungle’, and ‘Ahead of Myself’.

4 hours ago, Brian Graham’s Lovely Hair said:

I got tickets too, wife registered for the presale. Seen the Manics loads but never seen Suede so really looking forward to it, castle should be a cracking setting for the gig. Just hope the great Scottish summer weather Gods are kind to us 🙏🏻.

3 hours ago, mathematics said:

Good news: Manics and Suede tickets bought

Bad news: Rammstein continue to avoid coming to the UK since Brexit.

They played a couple of uk dates on their last tour, did they not? Not a band I’m at all in to, but pretty sure I remember a couple of mates going to Cardiff to see them last year. 

1 hour ago, die hard doonhamer said:

They played a couple of uk dates on their last tour, did they not? Not a band I’m at all in to, but pretty sure I remember a couple of mates going to Cardiff to see them last year. 

You’re correct. It’s Scotland they’ve avoided.

Nashville Reunion Tour at the Armadillo tonight. Four great singers playing a mix of their own material and songs from the TV show. Very enjoyable night. Jonathan Jackson's rendition of Unchained Melody goes right up there with the singular best live performances I've ever seen, absolutely sensational version of that song.

20231011_220240.jpg