Gigs

pilsner_ffc

On 29/09/2023 at 18:42, Miguel Sanchez said:

(and anyone else)

A bootleg of this is now online here: The National Live at OVO Hydro, Glasgow, Scotland on 2023-09-24 : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

The same person put up their Dublin and Leeds dates already, and they're going to do the two London nights from this week, where they played two entirely different setlists - 58 different songs.

I've finally got around to listening to this and have had it on in full about ten times in the past week. I'm listening to it right now. It's fantastic. Do it.

On 24/10/2023 at 21:47, Derek Patterson said:

Death Cult at the Barras in a few weeks.
All material from Love and earlier.

Some stuff that's not been played in decades.

Having seen them back in the 80s at a few gigs I was keen to go, but the ticket price has so far put me off. Most likely I’ll still end up going if tickets come up again on resale. 😂 

Absolutely brilliant live shows each time I’ve seen them. 

Brian Eno and the Baltic Sea Philharmonic Orchestra @ Tivoli Vredenburg grote zaal in Utrecht.

I'm a big fan of Eno's work so I was really excited for this one, when we arrived our tickets wouldn't scan the guy told us they messed up some of the seating arrangement and that our seats would have a restricted view so they moved us to the section for wheelchair users which worked out great we were really close to the stage.

The bulk of the performance was from Eno's 2016 album The Ship, the rest was a handful of older stuff, interestingly some backing vocals and the spoken word parts were provided by Peter Serafinowicz quite funny looking across and seeing him standing there, he had a big grin on his face throughout.

A great night and an amazing concert.

Screenshot_2023-10-28-22-27-12-30_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg

Edited by stevieKTID

On 20/10/2023 at 23:32, Craig fae the Vale said:

Had an absolute ball tonight seeing Punk Rock Factory and Adam and the Metal Hawks at the O2 Academy in Glasgow. 

Songs you all know, done a bit differently. Tons of fun.

20231020_211333.jpg

20231020_201315.jpg

I saw Punk Rock Factory at the Cathouse a few years ago, was amazed when they upgraded to such a big venue. They're good fun though.

21 hours ago, Zanetti said:

I saw Punk Rock Factory at the Cathouse a few years ago, was amazed when they upgraded to such a big venue. They're good fun though.

It was only downstairs that was open, so probably about 15-1700 there. They are ridiculously fun, had a great time.

Difference between holding several pints in and going for pee at King Tuts Wah Wah Hut.

Still, I briefly shared a urinal with Stuart Briathwaite and it’s only a shame that his memoir is now published. 

(Yes I ignored him, as I was a long way from home.)

IMG_8943.jpeg

IMG_8946.jpeg

IMG_8949.jpeg

Edited by Le Tout P'ti FC

On 28/10/2023 at 23:51, Craig fae the Vale said:

Fall Out Boy at the Hydro tonight. Absolutely sensational career spanning set. Brilliant from start to finish.

Support from nothing.nowhere and Pvris. Both alright but wouldn't go see either again.

20231028_210926.jpg

I'm in the 3rd row of this picture somewhere in front of Joe lol.

nothing.nowhere were ok as a support and a lot better than when I saw them in 2017.
Pvris I don't like in general for their insistence on pronouncing the letter V as an A, but also I think they're bland and they didn't play the one song I know by them
FOB were excellent though and worth the 10hrs I waited outside.

On 28/10/2023 at 23:51, Craig fae the Vale said:

Fall Out Boy at the Hydro tonight. Absolutely sensational career spanning set. Brilliant from start to finish.

Support from nothing.nowhere and Pvris. Both alright but wouldn't go see either again.

20231028_210926.jpg

Totally agree, fall out boy were superb , I'm getting too old for the standing tho

Great night