Gigs

pilsner_ffc

On 21/05/2024 at 19:55, ScottR96 said:

Anyone heading to Springsteen in Sunderland tomorrow? 

It’s to be absolutely hosing it down by the looks of it, but looking forward to it nevertheless. 

Just in from if. It was indeed pissing down! A fantastic gig although the constant inclusion of "Nightshift" continues to baffle me....

Posted (edited)

11 hours ago, ford prefect said:

Just in from if. It was indeed pissing down! A fantastic gig although the constant inclusion of "Nightshift" continues to baffle me....

It was like being in a car wash. Magnificent night, though. If you’ve only got an issue with 1 song out of a 28 song set he must be doing something right! 

IMG_9413.jpeg

Edited by ScottR96

Posted (edited)

What's the best gig you've been to in your life?

For me there's a few contenders. 

Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters and Queens of the Stone Age at Glasgow Green in 2003. It was at the peak of all three bands, Mark Lanegan was in QOTSA at the time, the sun was shining, it was just a fantastic day.

Finch being supported by Coheed and Cambria and From Autumn To Ashes at King Tut's in 2002. Lightning in a bottle in such a small venue. FATA played Short Stories With Trafic Endings, which is one of my all time favourites and both other bands would go onto much bigger things.

And more recently, The Movielife in Leeds this year doing the 21st Anniversary of Forty Hour Train Back To Penn. Probably my all time favourite album being played in full, one of the most nostalgically brilliant nights, but so much more than that. What a band, what a performance.

Edited by Craig fae the Vale

7 minutes ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters and Queens of the Stone Age at Glasgow Green in 2003. It was at the peak of all three bands, Mark Lanegan was in QOTSA at the time, the sun was shining, it was just a fantastic day.

Finch being supported by Coheed and Cambria and From Autumn To Ashes at King Tut's in 2002. Lightning in a bottle in such a small venue. FATA played Short Stories With Trafic Endings, which is one of my all time favourites and both other bands would go onto much bigger things.

And more recently, The Movielife in Leeds this year doing the 21st Anniversary of Forty Hour Train Back To Penn. Probably my all time favourite album being played in full, one of the most nostalgically brilliant nights, but so much more than that. What a band, what a performance.

No Lesbian Death Bed, disappointed Craig!

3 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

I'll second that Glasgow Green gig in 2003 . Perfect day, was just a young lad at that perfect time in life where music was literally the only thing that mattered. Went there with all my bandmates and kept bumping into pockets of other pals all through the day , top notch.  

Aside from that Smashing Pumpkins at the Carling academy think it was 2007?! Hadn't realised they were back at it untill a couple of weeks before the gig , got a couple of tickets on eBay,only time I've ever paid over face value.  Place was rammed , opened with 3 new songs in a row off Zeitgeist to fairly lukewarm response then when Billy bent the first note of "Hummer" the place went absolutely f*cking mental, still makes the hair on my arms stand on end thinking about it. 

Glasgow Green had a clutch of fantastic summer events in the early naughties that just chimed perfectly with my early to mid-teenage years:

- Travis/Green Day (2001)

- Prodigy/The Offspring/Slipknot (2002)

- RHCP etc (2003)

- Metallica/Slipknot/Korn (2004)

- REM (in a massive fucking tent!) (2005)

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, Craig fae the Vale said:

As those Springsteen photos show, an indoor show always the way...I'm old, so Ian Dury & The Blockheads, Tiffanys Sauchiehall St, 1980. B52's, Edinburgh Tiffanys, 1980. Too much rain & Tennents Super made the 1979 Ingliston Van Morrison, Talking Heads, Undertones, Squeeze etc not as memorable as such a line-up should have been and turned me against outdoor gigs ever since.

Edited by kennie makevin

Posted (edited)

Adding into my gig on June (if Scotland don't qualify then):

30th June - LCD Soundsystem (Barrowlands)

They are playing 3 nights at the Barras starting on Sunday 30th June. Tickets just went on sale today 

Edited by betting competition

4 hours ago, betting competition said:

Adding into my gig on June (if Scotland don't qualify then):

30th June - LCD Soundsystem (Barrowlands)

They are playing 3 nights at the Barras starting on Sunday 30th June. Tickets just went on sale today 

I managed to get tickets for the 30th too. By the looks of it, all 3 nights seem to have almost sold out on Ticketmaster. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Internet Citizen said:

I managed to get tickets for the 30th too. By the looks of it, all 3 nights seem to have almost sold out on Ticketmaster. 

I believe it sold out all three nights in under two hours.

Edited by betting competition

On 23/05/2024 at 12:08, Craig fae the Vale said:

Frightened Rabbit Barras 2016

Twin Atlantic at the O2 Academy last night were really great. Getting to finally meet them afterwards (and after seeing them 5 times) made me really chuffed. Especially as Sam apologised for them vanishing after the Barras gig 2 years ago, and found out Barry is originally/used to be from Hamilton.

Next for me is a surprising new addition; my friends band (PowderKeg) is supporting The Middlenight Men and Chris Catalyst at Audio tomorrow night. Tickets 14.50 in advance but probably available on the door for a bit more if anyone fancies escaping the mould firm rejects that will be plagueing the rest of the city centre. Doors at 7pm.

On 23/05/2024 at 12:16, Sergeant Wilson said:

No Lesbian Death Bed, disappointed Craig!

Not sure if I'd add them to my best ever gig list, but they are playing Ivory Blacks in November if you think they might make yours? Also they have an indiegogo campaign for the horror film they are making if you fancy getting anything from a soundtrack CD up to your name in the credits or being an extra! ;) 

12 hours ago, AnderooMFC said:

Not sure if I'd add them to my best ever gig list, but they are playing Ivory Blacks in November if you think they might make yours? Also they have an indiegogo campaign for the horror film they are making if you fancy getting anything from a soundtrack CD up to your name in the credits or being an extra! ;) 

Anyone I went to see is dead, or very near it, except The Damned. I will go to Dr Feelgood and 9 below zero in October. There's a fairly good chance enough will survive to form one band 

18 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Anyone I went to see is dead, or very near it, except The Damned. I will go to Dr Feelgood and 9 below zero in October. There's a fairly good chance enough will survive to form one band 

I've seen The Damned. Didn't convince me, but they were a support act at the time. My mum enjoyed herself though...
Actually thinking about it, the main act they played with (Hollywood Vampires) would maybe count as "very near dead" under the sub-section of "after what you put your body through, how are you still standing/touring?"

6 hours ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Pics or GTF.

We were floor seated at The Hydro so most are a bit blurry due to zoom. But this was from 19th of June, 2018

Damned 1.jpg

Damned 2.jpg

Damned 3.jpg

Damned 4.jpg

Damned 5.jpg