Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Saw The Dykeenies supporting Razorlight at Meadowbank and thought they were very bland, but maybe that was just the venue?

Saw The Fratellis last night and i have to say they were pretty underwhelming. They sounded nothing like they do on record, which was dissapointing as i like their album. I think the fact they only perform as a 3 piece dosent help, as alot of the sound seemed to get lost. Dissapointing.

The Dykeenies were excellent tonight. Highlights had to be Clean Up Your Eyes, Stitches and Lose Ourselves.

The Dykeenies used to be a band I was fairly into for a while, but tyheir last two singles

Clean Up Your Eyes and Stitches have been dirge of the highest order.

Heqading towards Snow Patrol-esq blandness.

Cold War Kids at the barrowlands next month for me, can't wait.

Edited by kullibino

The Dykeenies used to be a band I was fairly into for a while, but tyheir last two singles

I can see what you mean about stitches but clean up your eyes is a really good song imo. Seen them for the fourth time at qmu on thursday night and i thought it was a brilliant gig.

Got tickets for maximo park and the enemy at the barras this week. Looking forward to both.

Saw The Fratellis last night and i have to say they were pretty underwhelming. They sounded nothing like they do on record, which was dissapointing as i like their album. I think the fact they only perform as a 3 piece dosent help, as alot of the sound seemed to get lost. Dissapointing.

A LOT of people have said that about the gig. Makes my decision to refuse tickets and stick with The Dykeenies even better ;)

Heqading towards Snow Patrol-esq blandness.

I certainly don't think they are unique or whatever but I find them hugely enjoyable to listen to. Stitches was the first one I had heard from them a while ago and checked out other videos on YouTube. Clean Up Your Eyes is better than Stitches for me anyway.

Apparently they have played Aberdeen a fair few times now. I never seem to get into bands when they are small and therefore "cool" :lol:

Just home from Jack Penate which was pretty much ace, and after it i basically got chatted up by a 32 year old, she asked my age and then told me to guesse hers so i went for my usual answer "23 love?" she went on gigely but she was rather scary and glad i got picked up before she kept talking to me for ages.

P.S jack penate what a guy, sang happy birthday weirdly to a girl but it was fooking ace, just a pitty i missed his instore earlierdue to Aberdeen v gretna boo you soccer.

/In light of some recent purchases and attendance at Maximo Park and Dimmu Borgir in the last few days, my forthcoming gigs now stand as:

Mono/Jesu 9/11

Sia 21/11

Machine Head (November)

Pelican 12/12

Porcupine Tree 13/12

Apocalyptica 14/12

Explosions in the Sky (January)

I'm sure I've seen them and thought they were fucking awful. Let me know what they're like, because I could be thinking of someone else. :lol:

3 piece band from Essex IIRC. They are reasonable enough and the gig the other night was sweet. No barriers at the front so everyone was getting squished onto the stage! :lol:

One complete dick was dancing like he was in some pishy dance club with flying elbows.

Also went to see Fightstar last night (yes ex Busted boys band). Some atrocious support bands but they were reasonable enough themselves. His voice is so much better for Fightstar kind of music as opposed to Busted.

I shook the hand of the fat drummer at the end.

InMe tonight at the Tunnels.

I saw a bunch of prepubescent freaky looking bairns heading down to the Ironworks to see them last night.

Brakes tomorrow night at Oran Mor. Porcupine or Pineapple?

SPIKEY! SPIKEY!

Funnily enough when I saw them The Enemy had cancelled their gig so I went to see The Brakes instead, only to have the midget drummer from The Enemy standing beside me. Who am I going to see tonight? The Enemy.

I saw a bunch of prepubescent freaky looking bairns heading down to the Ironworks to see them last night.

SPIKEY! SPIKEY!

Funnily enough when I saw them The Enemy had cancelled their gig so I went to see The Brakes instead, only to have the midget drummer from The Enemy standing beside me. Who am I going to see tonight? The Enemy.

I don't fancy The Enemy much, i could possibly scam free tickets as i sometimes do gig reviews for a website but i'm not overly fussed.

On the otherhand, got tickets for The Shins at the Barrolwands in Novermber. Ace!

3 piece band from Essex IIRC. They are reasonable enough and the gig the other night was sweet. No barriers at the front so everyone was getting squished onto the stage! :lol:

One complete dick was dancing like he was in some pishy dance club with flying elbows.

Also went to see Fightstar last night (yes ex Busted boys band). Some atrocious support bands but they were reasonable enough themselves. His voice is so much better for Fightstar kind of music as opposed to Busted.

I shook the hand of the fat drummer at the end.

I quite like Fightstar.