Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Tis out west, FinnieSton/Partick way IIRC.

Now in Renfield Lane in the centre. Haven't been in it though.

The old one was just off Argyle Street just down from the GOAT, it was tiny though. The barman sold me a DJ Shadow record once. Not that that's relevant.

Going to Murrayfield in June to see Oasis, with Reverend & The Makers (who?), The Enemy and Kasabian as support. Need at least one gig to break the long gap between now and then...

Going to the Oasis gig myself and didn't know Reverend and the Makers were supporting. They're alright but not a patch on the other 3.

Yeah that's the one. A vegan haunt i believe.

It's passable but not great as a Boozer, the venue is downstairs and much bigger than I expected, looks a bit like the inside of a nuclear bunker but I've seen 2-3 really good gigs there.

It's passable but not great as a Boozer, the venue is downstairs and much bigger than I expected, looks a bit like the inside of a nuclear bunker but I've seen 2-3 really good gigs there.

I played my 1st ever gig in there

Loved it

Quite a few gigs I want to go to that are coming up:

36 Crazyfists @ Glasgow Garage

Funeral For A Friend @ Queen Margaret Union

Yashin @ Studio24

Escape The Fate @ Studio24

Senses Fail @ Studio24

InMe @ Ivory Blacks

Fightstar @ ABC2

One's in bold are the only certaintys so far.

Franz last night was frigging mental.

The support band wasn't too bad either. :)

It was my first time in the Barrowlands and i like it as a venue. Very cosy :) Tho the metal detectors took me by surprise

I also thought it was a cracking gig. Would've been money well spent had I not got in for free :P

Is there any point of the metal detectors though? I walked in, the thing made the usual high-pitched sound, and then I just strolled past the security. Were they thinking "Och, it's probably just a knife or something....."? It baffled me a little. :huh:

Half Man Half Biscuit - Lemon Tree Aberdeen May 20th (Sme night as the UEFA cup final!!)

They're playing in Glasgow the following night if anyone's interested.

Thanks for reminding me that we are no longer in it... :angry:

I also thought it was a cracking gig. Would've been money well spent had I not got in for free :P

Is there any point of the metal detectors though? I walked in, the thing made the usual high-pitched sound, and then I just strolled past the security. Were they thinking "Och, it's probably just a knife or something....."? It baffled me a little. :huh:

Lucky you. I got the full empty you're pockets, take off ur belt, and walk through it again treatment only to be subjected to a search more thorough than any when the polis have "randomly" searched me