Gigs

pilsner_ffc

it was a brilliant gig although it was absolutely roasting. Christ knows what it was like to play in it!

Stereo when it's packed is an absolute fucking sauna. Alright if at a gig where you're moving about and expecting to get messy, but if wanting to just chill with a beer and watch it's fucking brutal.

I recorded Glastonbury and watched it back on fast forward to cut out the inane DJ's/commentators, but was particularly struck by the fact that the Libertines were, at best, a chaotic pub band. I expected so much more from them.

Going to Editors later this month which I'm looking forward to. They're exceptional live and Tom has an amazing voice.

Listened to the new album yesterday and it was OK but not as good as I hoped. Maybe it will be a grower.

I'm going to this as well. Get down early for The Twilight Sad supporting. Best live band in Scotland at the moment.

it was a brilliant gig although it was absolutely roasting. Christ knows what it was like to play in it!

Stereo when it's packed is an absolute fucking sauna. Alright if at a gig where you're moving about and expecting to get messy, but if wanting to just chill with a beer and watch it's fucking brutal.

Aye, I was fairly near the front and was myself so just wanted to chill with a beer but it was absolutely sweltering. Cracking gig though. Their cover of The Shape I'm In was class.

Edited by GrahamJags

I'm going to this as well. Get down early for The Twilight Sad supporting. Best live band in Scotland at the moment.

Aye, I was fairly near the front and was myself so just wanted to chill with a beer but it was absolutely sweltering. Cracking gig though. Their cover of The Shape I'm In was class.

Aye, I said to the wife that we should head early to see support act so hopefully we will.

I've been doing pretty well on the gig front this year considering I have 6 year old terrorist.

Been to The Decemberists, Ezra Furman, King Creosote and Sufjan Stevens so far and still got Metric (this Sunday), Death Cab For Cutie, Eagles of Death Metal and Albert Hammond Jr to go.

I'm well chuffed with that! :thumsup2

Went to see Summer Camp at Sneaky Petes last night. Was a brilliant gig, the bands got 3 excellent albums but kept the gig short and sweet playing the best of each.

I like it when bands don't go to town on their new record (even though I like it)

Was at this one as well. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Just got some tickets for Slipknot for their Birmingham show next year, missed them when they were at the Hydro a while ago so really excited for this one however, not impressed with the £5.60 service charge per ticket.