Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Managed to get a Fatherson ticket for King Tut's in February, quite excited. I find it a bit bizarre that when my pals and I were 15/16/17 they'd come to our bands' gigs and we'd go to theirs, and seeing them do as well as this is fantastic. Got the album on vinyl a couple weeks back - heard it on spotify a fair few times but haven't had the chance to give it a spin yet.

Not sure if I've got anything else planned for gigs where I'm not playing one myself until the new year - my band are playing King Tut's on Wednesday night and I've got a few solo gigs lined up, but doubt I'll get to anything else before the new year.

Going to see Nick Cave at the Adelaide Festival Theatre tonight. Billed as Nick Cave solo although his backing band according to a review of Thursday's opening show in Perth is Barry Adamson. Warren Ellis, Martyn Casey and Thomas Wylder.

^ yaaas charlatans.

Heaton and abbot were majestic. Everytime I hear him you just don't expect a wee white guy to sing the way he can. Hopefully some footagoe appears on YouTube of love speak up itself. I was almost in tears. Hard to put into words but talk about a glasgow crowd willing an artist on.

The arse of a bouncer at liquid room last Saturday, we got there at 7, so I asked what time is Hazel O'Connor on & he said about 8.30, happy days me thought, bow bar here we come, 3 pints later & go back to the club. I ask is she on yet, he says you've missed her, I says but when I asked you before you told me 8.30? Apparently he never said that, anyway we got in to see the full Cornwell show & me missus who is a big Hazel fan got to see H in the encore singing with Shuggy doing Hanging Around.

Fortunately we are off to Manc this weekend to visit the family & guess who's playing the Academy? Will be in early doors this time.

Grimbo

Edited by Grim O'Grady