Gigs

pilsner_ffc

The Hold Steady tonight. Should be brilliant. Bit gutted that the venue has been downgraded to the Garage, which is dreadful for gigs, but seen them there before and they were quality!

Girlfriend informed me that she'll be taking/dragging me to Slipknot in January. Not a fan at all. Should be interesting, if nothing else...

I'm so 50/50 about Slipknot and Korn it's unbearable. They were two of my favourite bands growing up and seem them both before and together would be a 14-year old mes dream come true. On the other hand, I've not listened to either for years and don't like the newer stuff they've released. I don't know what to do. Might just go for it. Never been to the Hydro yet...

King Creosote and Roddy Hart & The lonesome Fire tonight at Paisley Abbey.

Anyone been to a gig there before?

I'm a bit concerned about the alcohol situation ie. lack of it, as i don't think they'll let you booze in a church. (not looking forward to sitting on church pews either but if I had alcohol at least it would numb the pain).

Didn't think about that when I bought the tickets.

Blackberry Smoke ABC Thursday.

Utterly awesome

Tickets bought for And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead on the 14th (Art School). New album out a few days prior.

Been warming up for this one by listening to their live at Rockpalast 2009 album.

Does anyone know if bad manners turned up in Glasgow on Friday? After the support band finished someone announced that the van had broke down and they wouldn't be onstage till 11ish so they offered refunds and we buggered off

Not long in from Johnny Marr, his album sounds a lot better live than on the record. The Smiths songs were great and Getting Away With It went down a storm.

Put on a cracking show from start to finish. I went with my girlfriends nephew as he's just starting to find his own taste and asked me to go.

Marr is quite possibly the smallest man I've ever seen.