Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Tune-Yards, East India Youth

East India Youth is one that I've liked now that I've heard him. Total Strife Forever is actually a cracking album. Gonna give Tune-Yards a spin over the next few days along with other Sunday acts. The Ramona Flowers, on the Friday I think, have been a good listen.

It's looking like a cracking weekend. Only downside is being in Manchester on the Friday morning from about 5am - 9am. Think it'll be a case of hang out in the bus station for about three hours with an audiobook.

Edited by NewDomDom

• 2 weeks later...

Was at Sziget festival in Budapest a couple of weeks ago, absolutely incredible few days. The best sets were probably Manics, Miles Kane, INVSN, Outkast, Bastille, Fink, The Sexican, Imagine Dragons and The Prodigy.

Going to see Broken Records at The Lexington in London on Thursday. Like the new album, even if it doesn't hit the heights of the first one. Should be good.

I had a ticket to see her in Dundee a few years ago but she didn't turn up because it was snowing. I'm disappointed that she hasn't included Dundee on any tour since.

I'm sorry to hear that. I think this particular tour was pretty last-minute though as the gigs were only announced a couple of weeks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Nick Cave playing 2 solo shows (Royal Concert Hall/Playhoose) next April. Most of the Bad Seeds (inc Warren Ellis) will be in attendance. Expect scenes.

Desperate to get tickets for this one but the assumed £40 ticket price will be out my current price range. Actual tears.

Forgot to mention that Death From Above 1979 are playing The Garage on October 22nd. First Scottish gig since reforming.

Wednesday 22 October - Death From Above 1979 @ The Garage.

Thursday 30 October - Royal Blood @ ABC.

arry.png

Way ahead of you captain. Cannot fucking wait for DFA79.