Gigs

pilsner_ffc

The Twilight Sad stripped back in Edinburgh next week. Everytime I've seen them stripped back, they've been phenomenal, so I'm looking forward to this.

The Hold Steady later this month then Morrissey in Dublin in December. Got given a free ticket to George Ezra but don't really know much about him. Will probably buy a ticket to Future Islands as well.

We Were Promised Jetpacks playing in Aarau tonight. Supported by Fatherson. Not listened to WWPJ for a while and not too fussed by them, but a few folk I know have been raving about Fatherson for a while, which is why I've ended up buying the tickets. Anyone know much about them? In work so can't listen to anything, and completely forgot last night.

Went to see the Amazing Snakeheads last night at beat generator. Vladimir were quality as usual in support, the snakeheads were pretty mental. Cant decide whether I really like them or not, but it was a good show.

Miserable Cnut.

Yup, that's me. I have it down to perfection these days.

Three for a tenner in the ABC2 last night - great value. Massive, Buffalo Summer and The Treatment, all providing great entertainment. Shame about the paltry crowd?

Blackberry Smoke next week, followed by Feed The Rhino and American Head charge the week after.

Does anyone have or know of any tickets going for the Paolo Nutini gig on Tuesday 28th October? Said I'd get them for the bird but never realised that it was sold out and now I'm on for a boot in the chuckies if I don't get them (although whether that's preferable than going to the concert is debatable).

Does anyone have or know of any tickets going for the Paolo Nutini gig on Tuesday 28th October? Said I'd get them for the bird but never realised that it was sold out and now I'm on for a boot in the chuckies if I don't get them (although whether that's preferable than going to the concert is debatable).

Nothing wrong with fessing up and admitting you like a bit of Paulo

Massive are a straight ahead meat and potatoes rock band from Australia, and not unlike AC/DC. Buffalo Summer can rock out but are very melodic too. The Treatment are quite derivative of the NWOBHM but are a very slick and polished act.

Blackberry Smoke are laid back country rock while Feed The Rhino defy description, but are certainly not for the faint hearted. Expect large pits.

They certainly are, and bonkers. Saw them by accident at Leeds Festival two years ago. It was pishing down and the place was an absolute swamp, so we took refuge in a tent with a few beers, prepared to watch absolutely anyone, and on came the Rhino.

Saw them again at Download this year and they were brilliant.