Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Kasabian gig last night was fantastic.

Was a bit worried as it was moved a few weeks back from a 13'000 capacity indoor stadium to a 3'000 capacity indoor hall. Great decision for them to shift it by all accounts, as there was still a good bit of space despite reducing the capacity.

Despite that, the band were phenomenal, and the crowd were very unlike any crowd I have experienced at a gig here, with a fairly sizeable amount going mental throughout the performance and helping create a great atmosphere. Normally here the crowds tend to sing a bit but mostly stand there and applaud after each song.

Had started to consider avoiding live music here, but last night has shown there is hope yet for this lot.

Saw the Courteeners on Saturday at the Barras, I thought they were superb (apart from the cunty Oasis/Stone Roses fans) until I saw Chvrches last night, who completely blew them out the water. Tether and Gun were absolute show-stoppers, and their new song "Get Away" sounds fantastic live.

Off to see Chvrches tonight, but sadly its at the Corn Exchange so I doubt it'll be nearly as good. Still, I've got the Manics at the Barras in December which will be epic. Also saw Arcade Fire there last year!

bought tickets for steel panther and dropkick murphy's for next march.

never seen steel panther before and cant wait.

Steel Panther are just a fantastic laugh live, saw them at the garage a few years ago and it was just class. Could barely hear Michael starr singing but satchels guitar play made up for it. The jokes are quality and you're guaranteed to see some ladies showing off their fun bags

Steel Panther are just a fantastic laugh live, saw them at the garage a few years ago and it was just class. Could barely hear Michael starr singing but satchels guitar play made up for it. The jokes are quality and you're guaranteed to see some ladies showing off their fun bags

Am I right in thinking they are some kind of comedy act and not actually a proper band?

Am I right in thinking they are some kind of comedy act and not actually a proper band?

Nope you're totally wrong, they are a very talented band with some proper cracking songs too.

Check out some of their live stuff on YouTube.