Gigs

pilsner_ffc

ListerRRFC, on 19 Feb 2016 - 09:41, said:

Going to see Enter Shikari tonight. Can't stand them recorded but I've seen them four times previously and always enjoyed their sets. Also managed to bag tickets to the Offspring, that should be a great show!

The Wonder Years were terrific last night as well btw. The King Blues were really good and I wasn't up for The Wonder Years but they were pretty brilliant.

The Wonder Years were terrific last night as well btw. The King Blues were really good and I wasn't up for The Wonder Years but they were pretty brilliant.

I absolutely love The Wonder Years, never listened to The King Blues. Don't think I'll be able to catch their set as my girlfriend doesn't finish work until 7.

Bought tickets to a few gigs this morning - Creeper, Patent Pending, The Offspring, Model Aeroplanes, Heck and Crossfaith.

Enter Shikari last night, cheesy gimmicky pish. Left half way through their set. The Wonder Years were immense though.

I've been drunk every other time I've seen ES which I think changed my memories of the gigs but they were absolutely w**k and that bassist might be one of the worst vocalists I've ever heard. The venue was nowhere near filled as well.

I was at the Corn Exchange for Enter Shikari last night as well. I thought they were quite good although I'd rather they had played a few of the older songs. I realise the tour is to promote the new album but a few brilliant tunes from the first couple of albums missed out.

Never heard of either of the support acts so didn't bother with them.

I was at the Corn Exchange for Enter Shikari last night as well. I thought they were quite good although I'd rather they had played a few of the older songs. I realise the tour is to promote the new album but a few brilliant tunes from the first couple of albums missed out.

Never heard of either of the support acts so didn't bother with them.

Thought the setlist worked. Having stuff like Slipshod alongside There's a Price on Your Head and The Jester worked well. Loved that middle section of songs. Was pure pandemonium in the standing area. Some sight.

Thought the setlist worked. Having stuff like Slipshod alongside There's a Price on Your Head and The Jester worked well. Loved that middle section of songs. Was pure pandemonium in the standing area. Some sight.

Aye it was a really good gig and as you say. the middle section in particular did work well. Just me being overly critical.

King blues I felt would suit a small venue much better but did a decent job opening, the wonder years were brilliant and looked quite capable of headlining, not quite sure how I'd judge shikari, they were brilliant at times but I wouldn't say they were at their best.

That was the second time I've seen Enter Shikari. The last time was The Garage in Aberdeen during the A Flash Flood of Colour tour and I would say that was a better gig then last night overall. I enjoyed the second half of the set more then the opening half. That probably had a lot to do with the fact I had a few beers by then and went to the front where it was carnage at times :lol: Neck is sore and I've found one or two bruises today.