Gigs

pilsner_ffc

• 2 weeks later...

The Stranglers were on terrific form last night at the Academy.

It was a pleasure to watch them run through the whole of the Black & White album, including those tracks rarely played live like In the Shadow, Do you wanna and Enough Time.

I think that was one of the longest sets I've ever seen them play and it drew from across their back catalogue.

How was it? They were my first live band at Glasgow Apollo 1978

The Stranglers were on terrific form last night at the Academy.

It was a pleasure to watch them run through the whole of the Black & White album, including those tracks rarely played live like In the Shadow, Do you wanna and Enough Time.

I think that was one of the longest sets I've ever seen them play and it drew from across their back catalogue.

27 songs in total I think, last year's set was even longer, I nearly missed the last train home because of it.

Black & White is my 2nd favourite MiB album (after The Raven, great avatar Murphy), but my only slight gripe was that them battering through the album stopped them having any banter with the crowd, which is always an added enjoyment at their gigs.

The second half was outstanding (the awful 'A Soldiers Diary' excepted), with the added surprise bonus of Nuclear Device getting an airing, it hadn't been on the setlist at Perth or Inverness the previous 2 nights. Hanging Around, Curfew and Something Better Change (after the false start) were the highlights.

Always good to be part of a full house at the O2.

The Alarm were very good in support too, the best support since the year Wilko Johnson was the support act.

Barowland became Yellow-Giroland last night...the Girobabies-Colonel Mustard and the Dijon 5, Jamie and Shoony, Have mercy Las Vegas and the Twistettes....greatest £10 spent !!

I was at this on Saturday too, absolutely incredible gig, never seen the Barrowlands bouncing like that.

I am a Girobabies fan and that was one of their best gigs...very underated band!!

I think they're fantastic, the new album is incredible too. I think they're underrated because their style is a bit different to the rest of the Yellow Movement bands who're probably easier to get into for someone who doesn't know them.

Got paid today so bought tickets to the Twistettes album launch, Hector Bizerk album launch, Eden Festival, Mugstock and Doune the Rabbit Hole. Toying with the idea of Deoch an Doris too so that there's no chance of me having any money this summer.