Gigs

pilsner_ffc

Took my mum to see Hue n Cry at Paisley Town Hall last night.

They opened the set with Looking For Linda, from that moment the place was bouncing.

Pat Kane worked his arse off and still has a good voice.

For anyone who was around the Glasgow unsigned scene 15 years ago, Tippi was doing their backing vocals.

#thisonesforpaisley

Last Shadow Puppets' first album stuff sounded great live and got a good reception. Apart from Aviation, which wasn't written as a LSP song, their new stuff is utter guff. I'm not sure in hindisght that nearly £40 to see a set list that was half unreleased and shite sounding new stuff wasn't a bit of a mugging.

That Bad Habits tune is like something you'd get in a shite film or TV programme about a fictional rock band.

The Libertines last Thursday, supported by Reverend and the Makers. Both acts were tremendous and both were spoiled by the shiteness of the crowd. I struggle with the attitude of most gig goers here. It's so far removed from what I'm used to in the UK.

Bought tickets for White Denim and Isaac Gracie today, as well as a ticket for Elvana (an Elvis-fronted Nirvana tribute band) which should be a laugh.

Got Churches on Saturday the the Hydro who I'm not fussed with at all, only going to see The Twilight Sad who are supporting. Will probably stay to see Churches because Never Ending Circles and Lies are great tunes, and hopefully their other stuff sounds better live than it does on record. Absolutely buzzing to see The Sad though.

I'm interested in seeing Twilight Sad in the Hydro. Seems like a good venue for them.

Agreed. Think the sound will either suit them perfectly or it will go tits up and turn into an echoey mess. For the sake of their upcoming Cure support gigs in arenas far bigger than the Hydro, I'm hopeful its the former.

Not the biggest attendance for CHVRCHES. Loads of the seating shut off. Standing absolutely mobbed though.

Think she said at one point that there 8k there. Bit of an awkward demand to accommodate venue- wise. Think the set up they hard worked pretty well.

Good gig, for a band with two albums and the odd soundtrack single, they've got a very solid set.

Decent crowd in to see The Twilight Sad as well.