Gigs

pilsner_ffc

13 hours ago, Christophe said:

Massive Ghosteen tour next year for Nick Cave, I'm not sure how engaging that's gonna be in an arena so I'm humming and hawing here....seen the mad old b*****d at Latitude before and that worked fine but that was Dig era.....can't decide! 

He was excellent on the last Hydro show so I'm giving it a go. And I like Ghosteen a LOT more than I liked Skeleton Tree.

Guest Moomintroll
First time seeing Reverend and the Makers last night at St Luke’s. Cracking gig, will definitely go to see them again.
Excellent band, if Jon McClure gave a single f**k about commerciality they would have been bigger than Arctic Monkeys. He doesn't so they are a joy to watch live.

Excellent band, if Jon McClure gave a single f**k about commerciality they would have been bigger than Arctic Monkeys. He doesn't so they are a joy to watch live.

Spot on. Fantastic band and fantastic live. First album is brilliant.

Think they have done ‘being in a band’ perfectly.

King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard at the Barras tonight. Buzzing.
I *really* enjoyed it, but seeing the setlists from subsequent gigs gives me the feeling they were holding back a bit. The Self-Immolate/Mars For The Rich/Perihelion climax was f*cking tremendous, mind.

Live music is basically great isn't it? Tastes differ, obviously, and there are loads of gigs get mentioned on here that I'd have no interest in myself - but you almost never get anyone coming on here saying "I saw x last night and they were a bit shit tbh". I go to maybe a couple of gigs a month and there have been better ones and and not-so-great ones but I can't remember the last time I went to a duff one that hadn't been worth going to. (At least, if I'm excluding festival sets, which have a greater element of pot luck.)

One of life's great pleasures.

Saw the Selecter with Madness and the Specials on the Two Tone tour at Ayr Pavillion in 79, still one of my all time favourite gigs!
Pauline black is a diamond. Before the gig she was signing stuff and posing for pics at the merch stall, and after she came off stage, she was back doing the same, along with the support acts (rhoda Dakar and Emily cappell)

Just purchased tickets for Simple Minds at the Hydro in April next year. I've kept ticket stubs from every gig I've been to, Simple Minds were my first ever on 24th February 1984 at the Playhouse. Taken me 36 years to see them for a second time but looking forward to it.

On the subject of gigs being class, The Twilight Sad were excellent again last night. That must be at least 30 times I’ve seen them, and they’ve never been anything other than brilliant. James Graham is one of the most visceral and engaging frontmen ever.

Just purchased tickets for Simple Minds at the Hydro in April next year. I've kept ticket stubs from every gig I've been to, Simple Minds were my first ever on 24th February 1984 at the Playhouse. Taken me 36 years to see them for a second time but looking forward to it.
Awwwww f**k!! Thats me selling our tickets now you're going [emoji12]