Gigs

pilsner_ffc

I saw the Bluetones tonight. Lyn-Marie, the drummers hair. That's all I'm saying. Exceptional.

I was there too. Good gig. That do was tremendous. Quite liked the sound of The Side that were on before the Bluetones. The Ironworks is smaller than I imagined it would be

Shed Seven in November on their Re-union Tour!!

Get fuckin' in there!!!

AMAZING!

That's my next trip to the Ironworks

I was there too. Good gig. That do was tremendous. Quite liked the sound of The Side that were on before the Bluetones. The Ironworks is smaller than I imagined it would be

That's my next trip to the Ironworks

Never caught The Side last night but, aye, they're no bad at all. defo one of the better local bands around at the mo.

The Law and The Enemy are on in the Ironworks before Shed 7, I'd make them your next visits. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the Summer Sonic festival in Chiba at the weekend.

Bands included Dinosaur Jr.

P8110158.jpg

Modest Mouse

P8110160.jpg

Bright Eyes, and not to forget the implausibly attrocious 30 Seconds From Mars

P8110149.jpg

The Manics were very dad rock and dull, even though they played only their decent old stuff, Polyphonic Spree were great fun. Tilly and the Wall were very silly, and The Long Blondes were alright actually. For some reason, they put the Fratellis on the main stage, in other words in front of 20,000 in a full baseball stadium, and despite the ridiculousness of that, they were ho-hum. Not offensive but not one original note played.

Edited by Jim Pansy

28th of August mate. They are also playing at One Up Records on Belmont Street the same day at 4 o clock.

B)

Cheers, may head along to One Up but my two mates will be working and they don't finish until 5ish but i'll try force them to get an hour off.

Brian Wilson in September, then Maximo Park, Amy MacDonald, and Ian Brown (in Motherwell :blink: ) in the first week in October.

I've seen Mr Wilson twice before, the SMiLE gig was the best one I've *ever* been at, so looking forward to this one. Never saw any of the other 3, here's hoping I get Ian Brown on a good night as I'm fully aware he can be hit or miss.

I think there was a couple of people that mentioned going to Interpol a few pages back. Maybe worth trying to find out if this is still definitely happening. Carlos got taken to hospital last night and they cancelled Newcastle at the last minute [8.30, with all the fans in the venue I gather]. Rumour is that a tech for the band said the chances of thm playing are "high", but I would't take that as gospel obviously. I can't get through to the Corn exchange to find out. Gutting if this is off. :(

Edited by Hughsie