Do You Remember When?

MarvMarvSuperMarv

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vintex / Vartex was real, he added me on MSN one day. That was a bizarre conversation.

I didn't find the badger story particularly funny if I'm being honest. The post about the mentalist at ICTChris' work ("GLOVES") was far funnier.

cant remember who said it or when it was said. But it was something along the lines of fifers still throwing spears at the sun whenever it rose...

Whatever the correct quote was, it was the only time i've ever cried with laughter on p'n'b.

Pretty sure that was Monster

It was Estragon. A Killie fan who was very funny until he had something of a meltdown and left.

Pacman83 was an interesting fellow. Was never all there and if what was posted on here was true he killed himself.

He thought that 'they' were watching him through his TV. I felt guilty as f**k when he killed himself, if it happened.

For the older posters, Champions's badger story still remains a classic.

Indeed it does. A crying shame it was deleted before the advent of the Gold Forum.

It was the wholly inappropriate use of the word "volley" in there that did it for me. I laughed for an entire afternoon at work! :lol:

I was only 15 when I joined this forum. I will be 23 in the summer.

As for CTWD, he still tries to add me on Facebook and Bebo. I reject him every time. :)

:lol:

He looks like a real catch. You should just yield to him. It might be the start of something so beautiful.

In the very early days of P & B I seem to recall Ruggy and Dennybairn engaging in some flirtatious banter with young Sam. Nothing as extreme as CTWD though.

That makes me feel old, I was still staying with my parents back then.

I was particulary fond of Philomena McCann !! Pure gold !!!

Perhaps the offer of a Macaroni pie will tempt her out ?

Also - the Master / Callum Melvilles melt down on the "Train Inferno" was as pathetic as it was funny !!!

Cue Vietnam flash back ........... "You wern't there man" laugh.gif What a f*ckin virgin.

Aye, Philomena was a scream.

I hope some other posters remember Babydoll69? A Raith Rovers fan (apparently) she started a topic requesting help to lick jam off of herself.

Also, ICTChris and his letters to Scotsport about Ruginald Bairn was another fantastic P & B moment.

I'm sure I got talking to someone either on here or back home in Stirling that had met her and she was for real, she was also as ugly as she appeared in the pictures :lol:

I was thinking along those lines, I'm 30 in the summer and would have been 22 or so when I joined here.

F'ck I'm getting old :(

As for CTWD, he still tries to add me on Facebook and Bebo. I reject him every time. :)

He's a wierd fucker. He once left a comment on my bebo saying "TWAT". :huh:

Remembered another one, the absolute ripping SaltyTon took in the gambling forum for putting 50p on a 4/6 shot and justifying it by saying it paid for a chicken bake for his lunch (which somehow got corrupted into steak bake by everyone else). “Steak bake” then became an accepted unit of profit measurement / currency.

Was good, until (as per) it got the arse kicked out of it.

Remembered another one, the absolute ripping SaltyTon took in the gambling forum for putting 50p on a 4/6 shot and justifying it by saying it paid for a chicken bake for his lunch (which somehow got corrupted into steak bake by everyone else). Steak bake then became an accepted unit of profit measurement / currency.

Was good, until (as per) it got the arse kicked out of it.

Doesn't beat the "Broon" unit of measurment, that was absolutely superb. From memory, a "broon" is ten miles.

Don't remember who it was that was on that thread with me, it might have been HB, but the poster was called Broon 101 or something, and he was claiming Perth was 6 miles from Glasgow I think. :lol:

Archived