Rangers investigated

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.timesonli. ..icle7110036.ece

Looks like SDM might have to cough up on this one as his parting gift to the Currants.

In the greater sphere of things, £15m is not a lot to a club with a turnover of over double that amount but it will deter some of the investors and could mean that any new investment in players will have to be restricted to what is gained by sales and even then the bank may dictate that any revenue from sales has to go towards reduction of the main debt.

A decent run in the Champions' League would mitigate the effects of this but that is a big ask if the present squad is asset stripped and the replacements are not of the same quality which looks more than likely.

But that's not taking into account the £31 million already owed as well; adding an unexpected £15 million tax bill somewhere down the line will be a nightmare for the Ibrox money men.

But that's not taking into account the £31 million already owed as well; adding an unexpected £15 million tax bill somewhere down the line will be a nightmare for the Ibrox money men.

They already knew about it before The Evening Times reported it :lol:

I see the Herald aren't holding back

http://www.heraldsco...ayers-1.1023639

This really is the crux of the matter right here. I greet news such as this with a little trepidation though, as I believe that if Rangers are allowed to fall, then some other clubs will follow suit, sad but true. Murray clearly wants out, but just who is gonna come to the table & offer him anything now? Especially given what is happening with several clubs down south.

the story seems a load of shite. why wouldn't it mention which english clubs were investigated and what the results of those investigtions were?

Also from the Herald:

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/rangers/rangers-in-crisis-how-a-bastion-of-scottish-life-became-besieged-1.1023592

there's no chance all the clubs are going to have to retrospectively pay tax on the image rights from the past ten years. the west ham quotes in the article have been taken out of context and when i read them at first in the guardian the emphasis of the article was gold making sure that players couldn't disapear abroad and leave them with the tax bill. it just seems like shit stirring from the herald for god knows what reason.

just like the purcell scandal the scottish media don't seem to want to report the reality of the the situation here. talk of rangers going into admin is a load of shite and the last thing lloyds bank would want. murray owes lloyds hundreds of millions their only interest in rangers is getting them into the most sellable nick and getting the full value for them,

Who am I an alias of? Check my other posts if you want, for the most part I use all sorts of punctuation... It's a real hoot

Relax mate. I was merely observing that the Rangers fans on here tend to be very much thicker than you would appear to be.

If you don't believe me, have a look back through the thread.

Well duh....of course they did.

Doesn't mean that there might not be a rather large tax bill at the end of it though.

It will have ben sat on until after the title was won so that newspapers can still be sold to idiots. Who is going to buy newspapers for team news now the title is done and the Celtic vs Rangers match means nothing? If this story was broke when it was first known it'd be in a landfill decomposing by now because there isn't anything to say other than legal buzz words.

Archived