Living with a Woman

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am waiting to be asked. For now, staying over at hers most nights of the week and the weekends will do us. No major problems and we're getting on extremely well - I've even been introduced to the parents!

I think the cash incentive of all the additional disposable income available, were I to move in and give up my flat, could be the clincher for her. rolleyes.gif

Awful sterile places nursing homes, eh?

• 4 years later...

The only downside I have noticed is nothing is ever where you put it.

In the last week ive lost earphones, two work passes, wooly hat and a bus pass.

Usually turns up neatly put away in some random drawer you didnt know about after she has denied ever laying eyes on the aforementioned objects.

The only downside I have noticed is nothing is ever where you put it.

In the last week ive lost earphones, two work passes, wooly hat and a bus pass.

Usually turns up neatly put away in some random drawer you didnt know about after she has denied ever laying eyes on the aforementioned objects.

This. Fucking this.

I moved in with my girlfriend after going out for two years although that conveniently coincided with her flat contract expiring and my dick of a flatmate deciding to just move with a couple of weeks notice saying "but the landlord will cover my share until you get someone else in". Fate.

I'd think that 3 months is far too early to move in together but why not fast track to see if she's a pain in the arse to live with and cut all the shit in between I suppose!

I've lived with my girlfriend for about a year and a half now. Can't imagine not living with her now, we get on well, she doesn't mind doing the housework I dislike (dish washing, vacuuming etc), I like doing the things she doesn't (getting the messages, cooking etc), we basically like the same things on TV, so no arguments there, and she is perfectly happy with my watching any sport I want (she generally puts her headphones in and watches something on her laptop, unless Aberdeen are playing, in which case she has learnt to agree with everything I say about the fucking referee being a secret 'Rangers Fan' or the ball definitely crossing the line and the television angle being doctored by a secret 'Rangers Fan' etc).

All in all, it's good.

Edited because I forgot that the original word I used instead of 'Rangers Fan' is censored.

You see, im the opposite. My missus leaves everything lying about her arse and gets annoyed when I put it somewhere safe.

I'm in the same boat as you, always tidying up after her, feel like her housekeeper rather than her husband at times.

You see, im the opposite. My missus leaves everything lying about her arse and gets annoyed when I put it somewhere safe.

Stop it! If she leaves it somewhere, she knows where it is and can find it again later. Nothing is more annoying than having to ask, "have you seen that thing I need?", only to be told no, despite knowing damn well you must have seen it because you were the one that bloody moved it! Just stop moving other people's stuff!

I had been with the mrs 3 years then we went travelling and now we live together.

Its not really that bad, i would say i do more around the house than her but I'm a student so thats fair enough.

Little things she does annoy me like switch everything off at the wall and put my stuff away without asking despite her being pretty untidy herself but can't complain about much else.

Archived