Gambling forum quick questions thread

Look to start doing Lucky 15's in shop. Not done it before, I take it there's a specific slip for this (William Hill)? Or do you just write down the horses (at least 4 or 5, can't mind which) and state "Lucky 15"?

There should be a slip available in store.

A Lucky 15 consists of four selections.

Singles-4

Doubles-6

Trebles-4

Accumulator/Fourfold-1

Five selections make for a Lucky 31.

I have got 130 pounds which i want to stick on a relatively safe coupon this weekend - Everton Spurs Brentford Ayr fourfold with this much on it returns 555 - anyone have any thoughts on this before i go ahead with it?

I have got 130 pounds which i want to stick on a relatively safe coupon this weekend - Everton Spurs Brentford Ayr fourfold with this much on it returns 555 - anyone have any thoughts on this before i go ahead with it?

I wouldn't pick so many teams if I were you. I would pick 2 games you really fancy and try and double your money!

How much money did you start with? I'd bank some of the money.

Its my super annuation money back from australia, i was expecting about 700 quid but got a pathetic 130 that is frankly an insult so I'm as well gambling it all

Its my super annuation money back from australia, i was expecting about 700 quid but got a pathetic 130 that is frankly an insult so I'm as well gambling it all

I like your style. To be honest I would avoid spurs, I can just see palace getting a draw.

:bounce3:bounce4:bounce1:bounce2

Probably been asked before but I don't have time to trawl through 29 pages this morning :thumbsdown

What is the difference between these bets?:

Handicap: Roma +1 @ 1/150

Double Chance: Roma Or Draw @ 1/40

On the face of it they seem like exactly the same bet but with a huge difference in odds. I've seen many more games (the vast majority actually) with differing odds in similar markets, but with a much smaller difference (ie 2/7 on the handicap and 1/3 on the double chance), with the double chance usually having the better odds.

I feel that I'm missing something obvious :1eye

Edited by Vanquinho.

In all probability the 1/150 is a palpable error and they won't pay out on it. Are they both from same bookie?

I remember seeing hertha Berlin 3 1 up on an Irish mob in the uefa cup (good few years back) and say they were 2/7 to win the game. Whacked a few hundred on it but my winnings were absolute buttons, lucky if it was a couple of quid.

That was their excuse, palpable error, and I believe it is in their t and c's that it is within their right to do this. With online that is the case, not totally sure in shop though

Probably been asked before but I don't have time to trawl through 29 pages this morning :thumbsdown

On the face of it they seem like exactly the same bet but with a huge difference in odds. I've seen many more games (the vast majority actually) with differing odds in similar markets, but with a much smaller difference (ie 2/7 on the handicap and 1/3 on the double chance), with the double chance usually having the better odds.

It's not a palpable error.

Either;

a) the 1/150 is an asian handicap (i.e. only two prices are quoted, not a draw price), and as well as covering Roma and the draw, you also get your money back if Roma lose by 1 goal.

b) they actually are the same market. The difference between 1/40 and 1/150 is not that much. If you put £10 on at 1/40 you get £10.25 back. If you put it on at 1/150 you get £10.07 back.

In reality, neither of them are backable markets. The numbers are irrelevant at those odds, who is seriously going to back something at 1/40 or 1/150.

Bookmakers bet to different margins depending on the market. Traditionally the Asian handicap always has a smaller margin than the traditional handicap so a team at -1 on the handicap might bet 4/5, but 5/6 on the Asian handicap at -1.5. These are the same bet.

This is likely to be what is happening here. If you look at the other side of the bet the handicap is likely to be around 12/1 and the double chance 10/1 which is not a big difference.

Can someone explain Asian handicaps for me?

As I understand it, they operate like a normal handicap but if it's a "draw" you get your money back. What I don't understand is when it's quoting more than one number in the same bet. For example, Barcelona tonight were available at (-1.5, -2), (-2) and (-2 -2.5). The middle one makes sense for me but I'm struggling to get a grip on the other two.

If you bet (-1.5, -2) you are betting half your stake on each. So If the mentioned game finished 2-0. Your first bet would win, and the second bet would be refunded due to the draw occurring. Generally a two outcome handicap will have smaller odds than one with one outcome in asian style handicaps.

Edited by Loki

Wondering if someone can help me

Paddy power have closed my account. I have had a few good wins recently and have won quite a bit on their virtual racing game. I have heard similar stories in the past about people having their accounts closed after winning a decent amount. Their reason in closing my account is that they noticed irregularities in the game I was playing. I'm not overly fussed as this is just a side account to me but what has annoyed me is although they have giving me the cash that was in my account I had a couple ante post bets for Cheltenham which they haven't refunded. I've e mailed them but have not received anything back. Surely I should get the money back or they have to honour the bet. Anyone had similar experience?

Paddy power have closed my account. I have had a few good wins recently and have won quite a bit on their virtual racing game. I have heard similar stories in the past about people having their accounts closed after winning a decent amount. Their reason in closing my account is that they noticed irregularities in the game I was playing. I'm not overly fussed as this is just a side account to me but what has annoyed me is although they have giving me the cash that was in my account I had a couple ante post bets for Cheltenham which they haven't refunded. I've e mailed them but have not received anything back. Surely I should get the money back or they have to honour the bet. Anyone had similar experience?

The Customer Services team will void your bets and refund you. Do you have twitter? They are normally pretty decent if you tweet them.

I wasn't closed down by Paddy Power but my maximum bet was severely reduced. I mainly bet Ross County games the season we won the first betting large on handicap stakes. Each win was followed by a smaller maximum. I eventually got an email stating something similar but my maximum bet would be £5. The moral of the story is that no company wants winning bettors.

When I had my account closed by betvictor they honoured any bets which I had placed and paid the winnings straight into my bank account.