3 minutes ago, BTFD said:

The fact that the BBC's second-highest paid presenter is on the radio is bizarre in itself. She could be magic, but it's 2023 - the audience must be shrinking every year.

There was a while when Swift and Sheeran they were inescapable, and the two Ed Sheeran songs I've heard were some of the worst hit singles al all time. I'll say nothing about how shit Taylor Swift is as there's a vicious group of Swifties on here who'll track us down and sing mediocre songs about how much we've hurt them.

I wish fans of Sheerin or Swift no ill will, nor think they are wrong for listening to them. They are just not for me. Not listening to commercial music radio or daytime BBC radio for over 10 years helps

I have seen both interviewed and have opted not to seek out any of their music. 

2 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

Presenter John Kay has been off air recently but apparently he's on holiday.

Which is the worst timing since I booked a flight for 12th September 2001.. (true story)

Imagine you got back from holiday to discover that, in your absence, your bosses sent out an email that they'd suspended an unnamed member of staff due to allegations that needed to be investigated.

For years, you'd be confusing new starts with your desperate cries of, "for the last time, Deborah, I am not a beast!"

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

Which is the worst timing since I booked a flight for 12th September 2001.. (true story)

No way. We all feel privileged to be the first people you’ve told that to.

6 hours ago, BTFD said:

The fact that the BBC's second-highest paid presenter is on the radio is bizarre in itself. She could be magic, but it's 2023 - the audience must be shrinking every year.

There was a while when Swift and Sheeran they were inescapable, and the two Ed Sheeran songs I've heard were some of the worst hit singles al all time. I'll say nothing about how shit Taylor Swift is as there's a vicious group of Swifties on here who'll track us down and sing mediocre songs about how much we've hurt them.

I think Radio 2, in particular the Breakfast Show, Ken Bruce when he was on, and the Drive Time show all get higher listening figures than most tv shows get viewing figures tbf. 7 or 8 million for the Breakfast Show and that's down slightly from previous years. Loads of folk in cars listening in, loads of shops and factories, building sites and the rest all have radio on all day. 

Agree about Sheeran but Taylor Swift has a few decent songs. And although while I wouldn't climb over her to get to you (no offence!), there's something quite odd about how she looks.

8 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

Who cares. What I'm taking from this is that if enough of us contact the BBC with wild and lurid claims about Michael McIntrye, we can probably get the arsehole suspended for a while at least.

Better off doing it to Kenny McIntyre. Might get Sportsound back to what it was. 

7 hours ago, tamthebam said:

Cant help but think that booking a flight for the day before would have far worse, if you were very specific.

7 hours ago, BTFD said:

She won't be the second highest paid though. This is a similar situation to the deid club. The list published is those employees on direct bbc contacts. There will be dozens like some mentioned (McIntyre etc) paid through other channels which for some reason they don't publish. 

With modern pop music like Swift and Sheeran, I get the impression when it's time to release a new single the producers just hit a few buttons to generate a song and ask them to come in to the studio for 2 hours to record a vocal track.