Free Speech “absolutist” Elon Musk threatens to sue researchers for criticizing his company’s behavior with regard to speech by its “Blue Check” accounts and “driving away advertisers”.

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/musk-threatens-sue-researchers-documented-153357369.html

Yea, about that “free speech” thing, Elon…

1 hour ago, Derry Alli said:

Minter. As is their follow up tweet in the comments.

There's maybe a few exceptions but it's usually hilarious in a terminally online way when people announce they're going to stop posting somewhere rather than just stopping posting. 

Forum resignation speeches are always tremendous viewing. 

On 25/07/2023 at 09:31, ICTChris said:

That tweet by Linda Yaccarino (Twitter CEO) is extraordinarily deranged.  No-one wants to use Twitter for payments/banking.  I want to follow people and see a list of their tweets in chronological order.  I want to be able to put together lists of people and see their tweets in chronological order.

I seem to recall reading somewhere that Musk wants Twitter to be like the giant Chinese social network Mee (?) which includes all these online transactions and other bells and whistles.

Stagering how much he's ruined the platform. I think Tweetdeck is gone for everyone bar paid users now. That's massive for me. 

19 hours ago, RiG said:

I seem to recall reading somewhere that Musk wants Twitter to be like the giant Chinese social network Mee (?) which includes all these online transactions and other bells and whistles.

Stagering how much he's ruined the platform. I think Tweetdeck is gone for everyone bar paid users now. That's massive for me. 

Yep, WeChat the chinese app, that one  app that is the only thing they can use, run by the government.

That goverment that has banned all other ways of communication.