7 hours ago, MSU said:

I have a probably false memory of Cilla Black saying that she would give up show business when her husband, Bobby, died. So when Bobby died, I thought thank f**k for that, now we'll get our Saturday night TV back. But did she quit? Did she f**k. She kept going for years, churning out the same old shite week after week. And while this memory of Cilla Black may be false, and there's a fairly decent chance she said no such thing, I think it still tells us a lot about the sort of person she was. A liar, pure and simple.

She went further than that. Her man was barely cold when she appeared on a variety show thing prancing about in what she thought was a sexy get up. The "highlight" of the performance being when the lights went down and her toosh area lit up with a heart shaped neon light. Utterly desperate. A case study in British entertainment.

Yeah, she was like a Sandie Shaw-type early 60s singer.  Not as good as Sandie Shaw probably.

She has the most insane post-death internet life though - these weird videos taking over Twitter and the clickbait adverts saying "Have a look inside Cilla Black's disgusting house".

10 hours ago, MSU said:

I have a probably false memory of Cilla Black saying that she would give up show business when her husband, Bobby, died. So when Bobby died, I thought thank f**k for that, now we'll get our Saturday night TV back. But did she quit? Did she f**k. She kept going for years, churning out the same old shite week after week. And while this memory of Cilla Black may be false, and there's a fairly decent chance she said no such thing, I think it still tells us a lot about the sort of person she was. A liar, pure and simple.

image.png.59b168d438d77358895c3d4e5a24d4a0.png

12 hours ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Please can people start posting warnings if they are going to continue to share some of the harrowing videos of the last couple of pages.

Can mods start dishing out warnings for posting it?

Anyway, Cilla Black was a shite singer and an arsehole, who only became famous because she got passed round the Cavern Club like a bag of smarties

23 hours ago, ICTChris said:

I honestly have no memory of Cilla Black being this productive during her lifetime. From what I recall she just did Blind Date and Surprise Surprise, when did she do all this? Who broadcast it?

She was on the telly all the fucking time. Probably every night in some form or another, even if just in adverts, trailers for Surprise Surprise and Blind Date, or popping up for a lorralorra cameos on other ITV shows.

Early evening family television was absolute garbage in the Eighties. It improved a wee bit in the Nineties once all the "variety" filler got binned, only for it all to come back again in the form of reality TV and talent shows in the Aughts, which is when I gave up on humanity and started killing for entertainment.

Anyone else remember the joke that Blind Date viewers just wanted to know if the contestants fucked after their date? We literally have shows now where they throw a load of morons together to find out which ones will f**k for the nation's entertainment. What a time to be alive (or dead, in Cilla's case).

8 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

You should have taken this idea to the networks, I'd definitely have watched that on a Saturday night.

It never got past the lawyers...something about "laws" and "human rights".

I understand the government are working on it.

52 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Blind Date was insane. I remember one where one of the male contestants dressed up in a sumo costume and another where one guy brought his Sooty hand puppet on.

You can call blind date mental but there is literally an identical programme on just now that is just a bunch of people starkers whilst a stranger judges them, naked attraction makes blind date look very normal.