On 26/03/2023 at 19:48, Nkomo-A-Gogo said:

I've seen a few of this Edinburgh cyclists videos and he seems like he goes out his way to start rows.

‘Magnatom’ on YouTube is similar.  Granted, vehicle drivers do all sorts of crazy stuff, but he often winds them up in the first place by staying that wee bit further out from the pavement than he needs to or waving his hand telling them to stay back etc.

The resulting arguments are funny to watch though!  Especially since it’s Glasgow.

51 minutes ago, carpetmonster said:

I'm not a fan of fans going on the pitch/field/whatever, so I enjoyed him getting absolutely smashed.

By the time the security guy actually took to get there though, he could have been back in the stand and on his honeymoon

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Twitter removing the legacy blue ticks today, a thread from a former employee there on what it means

Off topic, but on the Musk theme that letter asking for a pause on AI systems like GPT isn't all that it seems. The body who wrote it is funded by his foundation, and he co founded GPT with $100 million of his own money, when Microsoft took it over he didn't get a penny. And many of the signatures on the letter are fake.

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2023/mar/31/ai-research-pause-elon-musk-chatgpt

5 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Twitter removing the legacy blue ticks today, a thread from a former employee there on what it means

:lol: Elon is taking a huge risk by annoying tinpot NY Times and Washington post journalists with about 40k followers (the only people that actually care about having a blue tick) 

7 minutes ago, s_dog said:

That's crazy, and what's even crazier is some of the replies in the quoted tweet saying the guy being interviewed deserved it 'cos "he put his hands on her first". Eh?

It’s wild, that blonde individual is incredibly angry. I’m not sure if it’s just the handles I follow on Twitter or just the way it is but trans stuff is everywhere on my TL.

16 minutes ago, throbber said:

It’s wild, that blonde individual is incredibly angry. I’m not sure if it’s just the handles I follow on Twitter or just the way it is but trans stuff is everywhere on my TL.

It's about the algorithms. Once you've viewed one weirdo trans but job tweet that's you for life. All the weirdo trans nutjobs are being directed to you. I assume that twitter like other social media stuff there's an option for you to stop being tracked or clear your tweeted history so you reset the algorithms?

1 hour ago, throbber said:

Looks very well though. I watched it this morning with the sound down and she had me fooled. 

2 hours ago, greendot said:

It's about the algorithms. Once you've viewed one weirdo trans but job tweet that's you for life. All the weirdo trans nutjobs are being directed to you. I assume that twitter like other social media stuff there's an option for you to stop being tracked or clear your tweeted history so you reset the algorithms?

I’m not sure - the subject comes up a lot  these days like with Kate Forbes and Nicola sturgeon recently so it’s probably not just down to algorithms. JK Rowling has added plenty fuel to the fire of late also.

3 hours ago, s_dog said:

That's crazy, and what's even crazier is some of the replies in the quoted tweet saying the guy being interviewed deserved it 'cos "he put his hands on her first". Eh?

This is the guy - https://www.billboardchris.com

He’s dedicated the past several years of his life to harassing transgender people, and frankly I’m surprised this is the first time someone’s had a physical pop at him.