Unpopular opinions.

Going be previous replies..... Only Fools is the pinnacle of comedy.

The bar and chandelier sketch. Trigger's brand new broom, despite having had 17 new heads and 14 new handles. Rodney dressed as A Gladiator. Damien. BIC. During the war....

6 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

* Are you really saying you reckon folk watched it but never enjoyed it? It was the 80's, there would have been at least 3 other channels as well as books!

We never had Sky TV growing up and it was before Freeview. We never even had Channel 5. But I can tell you I never sat and watched something I never liked. If there was nothing on I'd go outside and kick a ball or put a video on.

** Dialogue is what makes a sitcom. I'm not adverse to some physical comedy eg. Laurel and Hardy. But nowadays if a show is relying on people falling over to get laughs it's not great - see Mrs Brown's Boys or Miranda.

All those stats prove is that we know there are at least 3M complete morons in this nation.

Two million of them in Scotland going by indyref.  

15 hours ago, Crroma said:

Yes but people who are young now have grown up in a world of on demand media and are more used to it than older people who maybe grew up in a world with very few tv channels, less direct choice etc.

Its just my opinion but I can picture a young generation putting on something like OFaH and just being non plussed by. Totally different reaction to someone who maybe grew up in the 80s and watched every episode for lack of other things to do.

Blackadder is a show I have fond memories of watching as a child but its almost embarrassing how low budget and reliant on dialogue and wordplay. The first series is also shockingly low quality in comparison to the rest.

Yep,  I get that younger people have much more choice than older people.  I also think the quality is poorer now as production companies may be spreading finite resources too thinly.  My main point was that it's nothing to do with choice or quality that youngsters may not appreciate older programmes - it's just that these programmes are "of their time.'

6 hours ago, ah-dee said:

friends is shit amd i am more than happy to jump on that wagon. i have a feeling friends is shit is not an unpopular opinion on P&B

Give me it over Big Bang any day of the week though. It probably kicked off the era of OTT canned laughter but the latter has taken this to awful, awful levels. 

If Friends lacked pin-ups for teenagers to w**k over (or girls to copy hairstyles from) then it probably wouldn't have even made it to air. 

At least Only Fools never had to rely on that, but I agree it's overrated and the aforementioned 'classic' scenes have been done to death by the likes of UKTV Gold. Danger Mouse, now that was a programme.