Unpopular opinions.

Red wine and lemonade is a superb summer drink; red wine and Irn Bru (or Coca Cola, which the Spanish actually do) is crossing the line into total fucking nonsense.. 

Irn Bru in wine is a crime against humanity. Coca-cola in red wine is only marginally better. Neither of them are acceptable.

38 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Surprised that you can only get “proper Italian pizzas” in Italy tbh.

Flabbergasted by this.

Pizzeria 1926 on Dalry Road, Embra, does pretty spectacular pizzas. The staff like a good chat about Napoli too. To save going all the way to Italy I recommend getting off at Haymarket to sample the delights:

rosario-with-pizza-chef.jpg

https://www.pizzeria1926.com/

3 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Pizzeria 1926 on Dalry Road, Embra, does pretty spectacular pizzas. The staff like a good chat about Napoli too. To save going all the way to Italy I recommend getting off at Haymarket to sample the delights:

rosario-with-pizza-chef.jpg

Yep, their pizzas are fucking fantastic.

rosario-with-pizza-chef.jpg&key=3b48e7b760379fc750ce3faa3e8c4e9ea7f836fe8515daa6b3e6dbb1350abfac

Aye it’s superb in there. Looks like it’ll be awful, but foods top notch. Always rammed though, so wouldn’t recommend simply tipping up and hoping for the best otherwise you’ll be waiting a while.

Ok Dele.
Will try harder in future. Will regale them with stories of how much cocaine I take. That will be really edgy.

True, apologies. Red wine and steak have been about for ages. Must be pretty popular to still be about. But no use for Mr Cool Guy here, he’s too cool for that popular crap. He’s his own man. He prefers...?

3 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

I get the impression Estragon is either quite young or has led a sheltered life. Never had a proper pizza? I can see why you'd say steak is overrated if you'd never sampled a decent one. Maybe had a swig out of a bottle of red wine that had been sitting open a few days? 

See, after radiotherapy borked my tastebuds, that's what all red wine tastes like. Spirits fucking hurt!

I also don't have enough saliva production to cope with steak or bacon, and pizza involves a regular slurp of water to be able to swallow. Little fúcker doesn't know he's born, imho.

Prefer what to what? A steak in a restaurant? I prefer literally anything to that.  Imagine going to a restaurant and picking a steak. I can't believe someone could have boring enough tastes to do that.  Or how they managed to tear themselves away from their jigsaws long enough to venture outside.

What an angry, angry man

5 hours ago, Dele said:

I used to love Rose about ten year ago. It had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that sitting in the Ferry with bottles of Rose on your table brought all the gals to my yard and they were like, it's better than yaaars. 

“So in the closet he has found the magical land of Narnia” type post.

Don't order anything in a restaurant that you couldn't cook better at home. I would include steaks and pizza in this.

Fish and chips is a safe bet as I don't have a deep fat fryer because it stinks the house out...

Edited by Angusfifer

6 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Don't order anything in a restaurant that you couldn't cook better at home. I would include steaks and pizza in this.

Fish and chips is a safe bet as I don't have a deep fat fryer because it stinks the house out...

You sound like a cultured fellow, well acquainted with haute cuisine.

Better than eating it cold I suppose.

1 minute ago, The OP said:

You sound like a cultured fellow, well acquainted with haute cuisine.

Better than eating it cold I suppose.

A medium-rare steak is pretty straightforward. Making the pizza dough from scratch is a bit of a pussy (Dundee term without an English translation) but worth the effort. The tomato sauce is dead easy...