Unpopular opinions.

19 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

I can feel no sense of personal responsibility for ensuring the future of our planet - as let’s face it, it’ll make f**k all difference to me except maybe a few better summers in my old age.

Bring on diesel cars and plastic bottles.

I like to think we're the greatest generation, screwing everything out of the planet before the next generation pays the bill. Trump and Brexit are just little hints for them to prepare, we're not heartless. The WW2 generation were a bunch of pussies and the 50s was the worst time to be alive.

Edited by welshbairn

4 hours ago, tarapoa said:

I can feel no sense of personal responsibility for ensuring the future of our planet - as let’s face it, it’ll make f**k all difference to me except maybe a few better summers in my old age.

Bring on diesel cars and plastic bottles.

Oh Yeah, diesel cars, let's hear it for diesel cars. Enjoy them while we still have them. 

6 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

There's no point in trying to cure  the big 3 (heart disease cancer and strokes) unless  first they find a cure for dementia.

having everyone live into their 90s just to need 24 hour care is counter productive

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2191814-we-may-finally-know-what-causes-alzheimers-and-how-to-stop-it/

Apparently the answer may well be to floss more.

8 hours ago, effeffsee_the2nd said:

There's no point in trying to cure  the big 3 (heart disease cancer and strokes) unless  first they find a cure for dementia.

having everyone live into their 90s just to need 24 hour care is counter productive

Except not everyone gets dementia. In fact it's seemingly only just over 7% of over 65s who get it.

https://www.alzheimers.org.uk/about-us/policy-and-influencing/dementia-uk-report

11 hours ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Oh Yeah, diesel cars, let's hear it for diesel cars. Enjoy them while we still have them. 

Most fuel efficient motor I've had and they want to phase them out.  

Craft beer isn't that great.

Some of it is okayish at a push, some of it is bowfin'.

Very little of it leaves me thinking I must buy some of that in future - or get some stocks in at home......

Edited by tarapoa

3 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Some of it is okayish at a push, some if it is bowfin'.

Very little of it leaves me thinking I must buy some of that in future - or get some stocks in at home......

Like any product it just depends on what particular ones you buy. I could say that because of shite like Carling and Coors Light that beer is stinking, but that's silly as there are loads of great beers.

Much of the ones advertised as 'Craft Beer' aren't as well.

16 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

Most craft beers I've tasted overdo the hops. Hops taste like antiseptic.

Most craft beers I've tasted overdo the hops. Hops taste like antiseptic.
Agreed. I "trained" myself to like wine and whisky, things I now love because I wanted to like them so I pushed through until I learned to appreciate them.

I have just never been able to do it with beer/ale though. Any time I try them I taste the first wee bit and think oh aye thats alright, then by the end of the pint/bottle I am sick of it and wanting a lager.

24 minutes ago, tarapoa said:

I fucking hate BrewDog. Went to the pub in Perth after it opened recently and I have no idea why I did it. Everything about it is absolutely w**k. The smug, self-satisfied wanks that populate the place, thinking because they spend over £4 a pint (in Perth ffs) that they’re some sort of connoisseur and look down on people who drink lager. All perpetuated by the w**k, hypocritical marketing campaigns run by the pair of bootcut-jean-wearing gimps that own it. It’s also cramped and the seating is uncomfortable. It has nothing going for it that a good pub should have. Shite.

On 20/03/2019 at 03:43, effeffsee_the2nd said:

This is a good unpopular opinion.

The way pensions, health and care of the elderly are currently arranged and funded, we can't afford to cure cancer. Curing the big three would put what, 10, 15 years onto life expectancy? The retirement age would need to go well past 70 for starters.

I'd like to add to this:

- given the ever greater natural resources required to sustain the demands of humanity, curing cancer and increasing the population even further would not necessarily be a good thing big picture.

- too much emphasis is placed on length of time living and not enough on quality of life

I fucking hate BrewDog. Went to the pub in Perth after it opened recently and I have no idea why I did it. Everything about it is absolutely w**k. The smug, self-satisfied wanks that populate the place, thinking because they spend over £4 a pint (in Perth ffs) that they’re some sort of connoisseur and look down on people who drink lager. All perpetuated by the w**k, hypocritical marketing campaigns run by the pair of bootcut-jean-wearing gimps that own it. It’s also cramped and the seating is uncomfortable. It has nothing going for it that a good pub should have. Shite.

You May have effectively called me a paedo in another thread but this is absolutely spot on. f**k brewdog, shower of wanks.

4 minutes ago, NJ2 said:

You May have effectively called me a paedo in another thread but this is absolutely spot on. f**k brewdog, shower of wanks.

I’m sorry mate but the Venn diagram of paedos, people who like BrewDog, and men who wear Toms, is just a circle.

Edited by Bonksy+HisChristianParade