Unpopular opinions.

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

Thought it was just me that was a heinous ignoramus.

Folk coo and ahh over them like loons. I appreciate it's cool that the lesser-spotted hairy-arsed tarantula rides into battle on the back of the screaming bovril parrot, but I can understand the concept without actually seeing it happen myself in slow motion HD over the course of an hour.

This screaming Bovril parrot you sold me. It's dead....

4 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

This screaming Bovril parrot you sold me. It's dead....

The Norwegian Blue? Beautiful plumage!

No wonder it's dead. It was ridden by a tarantula. You'd be dead too.

Maybe it’s just my nostalgia but the one nature documentary that sticks in my head is the one that showed chimpanzees hunting and eating monkeys - chimps were seen as clever and cute and funny, they were in the OG Tips adverts and Michael Jackson had one as a pet. Then along comes this documentary and basically shows that they are bloodthirsty ruthless fucking maniacs. Most of the big documentaries that I see now just show things like that lizard escaping from the snakes and stuff like that. It’s nice to watch but it doesn’t advance our understanding.

16 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Maybe it’s just my nostalgia but the one nature documentary that sticks in my head is the one that showed chimpanzees hunting and eating monkeys - chimps were seen as clever and cute and funny, they were in the OG Tips adverts and Michael Jackson had one as a pet. Then along comes this documentary and basically shows that they are bloodthirsty ruthless fucking maniacs. Most of the big documentaries that I see now just show things like that lizard escaping from the snakes and stuff like that. It’s nice to watch but it doesn’t advance our understanding.

I remember that. Brutal. 

On 23/10/2021 at 22:40, Mr. Alli said:

Any touch - no matter how inadvertent, below the knee - of a defending player that the goalkeeper picks up should be deemed as a passback. 

Even better, any ball to the keeper from his own player cannot be picked up / handled.

Hate the header back to the keeper tactic and would sooner see the defender put under real pressure in those situations. 

10 minutes ago, 101 said:

If you hand over £300 grand to someone you have never met you don't deserve that much cash.

On the flipside, if you can successfully con someone out of £300K this easily then you should be allowed to keep it without consequence. That's my defence anyway. 

Just now, The Moonster said:

On the flipside, if you can successfully con someone out of £300K this easily then you should be allowed to keep it without consequence. That's my defence anyway. 

I often wonder why I didn't go down this route. Even years ago in the early days of internet dating there seemed to be a spectrum that would have provided rich pickings.

They were either completely bananas and moving in after getting a text message or had no intention of ever meeting anyone, with a few normal people in the middle.