Unpopular opinions.

2 minutes ago, throbber said:

I used to like cats and dogs but now that I’ve grown up a bit I find them both boring, predictable and largely unnecessary to be around. Was up visiting my parents last week and I honestly hardly even acknowledged the dogs that I once loved, one of them is clearly on the way out as well.

What a heart breaking post.  You are a cold man.

21 minutes ago, throbber said:

Hardly, I bet your feelings towards dogs and cats changed when you had your son to look after anyway.

I'd imagine your parents have the same kind of changed feelings towards you now you have given them a grandchild

I'd imagine your parents have the same kind of changed feelings towards you now you have given them a grandchild

Completely correct, although I have been an arsehole since I was about 22 and they have grown less and less fond of me in that period also. Just so long as they leave me their house in the will and don’t skip a generation, the b*****ds!

I can just see old Gipper padding up to his best pal throbber, the memories of good times past flooding back into his doggy brain.  He's older now but maybe they can relive some of that time, maybe it'll be a lease of life, remind him of the old days.

But no, throbber just grunts at him while tapping at his phone, checking the opening times of the local Wetherspoons.  Old Gipper slopes back to his bed, his spirit crushed.  He's still here in body but his spirit has gone.  The final ray of hope extinguished. 

17 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

I can just see old Gipper padding up to his best pal throbber, the memories of good times past flooding back into his doggy brain.  He's older now but maybe they can relive some of that time, maybe it'll be a lease of life, remind him of the old days.

But no, throbber just grunts at him while tapping at his phone, checking the opening times of the local Wetherspoons.  Old Gipper slopes back to his bed, his spirit crushed.  He's still here in body but his spirit has gone.  The final ray of hope extinguished. 

Throbber's old man is called Gipper? 

2 hours ago, Dons_1988 said:

Cats are for people who can't be arsed putting any effort into being a pet owner, which I suppose covers most of the population.

I've had two long haired cats for about 5 years now, at which point do I get to stop putting effort in? 

1 hour ago, throbber said:

I used to like cats and dogs but now that I’ve grown up a bit I find them both boring, predictable and largely unnecessary to be around. Was up visiting my parents last week and I honestly hardly even acknowledged the dogs that I once loved, one of them is clearly on the way out as well.

irony.png.100962a3b3db7f8437bfb996af530a71.png

irony.png.100962a3b3db7f8437bfb996af530a71.png

It’s not really irony, irony would be if I went on a really long, boring rant about how boring dogs were.

I’m not a dog hater by any means I just think they’re over rated and some dog owners take their love for their pets way too far. There’s also a real snobbery about dog breeds and the price tag on certain dogs, I remember French Bulldogs were £1k a few years ago, you probably wouldn’t get one for under £2k now and they’re one of the most popular breeds about. I know a guy who paid £5k for a British Bulldog ffs!

Not sure how unpopular but..

Rebel Wilson is an ugly, talentless fucking mess who plays the same boring fat "hahahaha what am I like" character in every role.

Yet I think Melissa McCarthy is funny as f**k and a great actress despite playing, in my experience, the fat sidekick in most of her roles.

6 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Rebel Wilson is an ugly, talentless fucking mess who plays the same boring fat "hahahaha what am I like" character in every role.

Yet I think Melissa McCarthy is funny as f**k and a great actress despite playing, in my experience, the fat sidekick in most of her roles.

See also: Sarah Millican

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Mrs WRK was watching that Bridesmaid movie (I think it was), and I genuinely thought that that was either Matt Lucas' sister or someone cast purely for the resemblance. There certainly didn't appear to be any spark of talent on show.

Melissa McCarthy can be good value, but has made a few mis-steps. Plenty of decent stuff, but she's not the guarantee of a good watch that she could be. For every Spy* there's a Tammy.

* As it's the Unpopular opinions thread, let me present Jason Statham's finest hour.

25 minutes ago, Estragon IS NOT a fud said:

Steak is shite.
Bacon is overrated.
The best pizzas are good  frozen supermarket ones.
Whisky is shite.
White wine is the only good type of wine.
Buckfast is for middle class weirdos who want to look edgy.

Mods please.