Unpopular opinions.

Said before on here that I find all British drama to be pish these days. Watched a bit of that sin programme and thought it was inferior to Queer as Folk. Which the same writer had done about 20 years earlier. IIRC, folk in the mid-80s didn’t start every other sentence with “like” or “oh my god”. The dirty running didn’t bother me at all but the writing did. 

2 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

It did, aye. 

How did you feel about the bookies toilet scene in Trainspotting? 

Someone eating a less than sparkly clean arse if fine as long as he rinses his mouth out before kissing the lad again.

1 minute ago, 101 said:

How did you feel about the bookies toilet scene in Trainspotting? 

Someone eating a less than sparkly clean arse if fine as long as he rinses his mouth out before kissing the lad again.

The Trainspotting scene was what sprung to mind for me as well. 

Other films with disturbing scenes that didn't put me off the end product were Clockwork Orange and Taxi Driver. 

1 minute ago, Cosmic Joe said:

The Trainspotting scene was what sprung to mind for me as well. 

Other films with disturbing scenes that didn't put me off the end product were Clockwork Orange and Taxi Driver. 

Exactly the bookies toilet is grim but it's over in about 5 seconds and that's a load of shite as other have said the boys arse wasn't necessarily shitey it could have been the boys load with sweat and lube mixed in for good measure it's a strange thing for it to put you off the whole series.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

St Andrews seems a lovely place but it's completely ruined by golfers and students. Golfers more than students tbf.

...and Bill Murray battering into other people's cars.

In a discussion about impoverished areas a while back, a colleague tried to tell us that St Andrews actually had some terrible deprivation dontchano, just as bad as anywhere else in Scotland.

Gave us a good laugh at the time but, being unfamiliar with the area, I take it they were talking out of their arse?

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

In a discussion about impoverished areas a while back, a colleague tried to tell us that St Andrews actually had some terrible deprivation dontchano, just as bad as anywhere else in Scotland.

Gave us a good laugh at the time but, being unfamiliar with the area, I take it they were talking out of their arse?

That would disguise the Fife accent then...or maybe...

1 hour ago, BFTD said:

...a colleague tried to tell us that St Andrews actually had some terrible deprivation dontchano, ...

Nothing that even begins to compare with the Bowhouse area in Alloa unless there's a part of St Andrews hidden away that I have always managed to avoid visiting.

8 hours ago, Cosmic Joe said:

St Andrews is a bonny place, but you'd be hard pushed to hear a Fife accent. 

The whole of Fife is a dump. Just get a tsunami to rid us of it.

My dad always proposed destroying the bridges and turning Fife into a safari park. Unfortunately he didn't have a plan for dislodging or enclosing it from the rest of the country. 

Edited by NotThePars

14 hours ago, Empty It said:

St Andrews seems a lovely place but it's completely ruined by golfers and students. Golfers more than students tbf.

This got a red dot, which suggests someone doesn't understand the point of this thread.

Personally I really like St Andrews and I've never been bothered by the golfers or students. Considering it's one of the most illustrious places in world sport I think it's fantastic that you can walk around and across much of the course, and stroll all over on a Sunday. There are some good places to eat, my favourite being The Steak Barn and Jannetta's is good for ice cream. The west sands is amazing when the tide is out and there's a lot for kids, especially Craigtoun Country Park.

But I don't drink in the pubs when I'm there or do normal stuff, I'm pretty much a tourist, so it's a different thing.