Unpopular opinions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Going 'Scotsman' when wearing a kilt is a load of bullshit.

It's absolutely fine to wear underwear when wearing a kilt. In fact, it's better.

Aye, it was an outfit invented for a fat German. Any gatekeeping can gtf.

47 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

It's absolutely fine to wear underwear when wearing a kilt. In fact, it's better.

But if you do a handstand when going "Scotsman" you can say "How's that for a tripod?"

Given I rent if I need a kilt, I'd find it incredibly manky to wear it without underwear tbh.

17 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
3 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Given I rent if I need a kilt, I'd find it incredibly manky to wear it without underwear tbh.

Indeed! One of the main factors for me for wearing underwear with a kilt. Also the thought of my boabg rubbing against kilt material is not the funnest prospect. 

But just in general, I think the 'real Scotsman' stuff is utter bollocks and probably invented by a p***k of a person (I actually have no idea how it came about).

Indeed! One of the main factors for me for wearing underwear with a kilt. Also the thought of my boabg rubbing against kilt material is not the funnest prospect. 
But just in general, I think the 'real Scotsman' stuff is utter bollocks and probably invented by a p***k of a person (I actually have no idea how it came about).
I have done both, by FAR the worst thing about going commando is that any slight dribble of pish that gets on the kilt after you have been for one doesn't absorb in, and hits your legs, which is the most fucking disgusting feeling in the world.

I used to have a pal who worked in a dry cleaners, and she said when they cleaned stuff, they put some powder stuff on first, and it showed up where pish had been.... Some chemical reaction. She said that when they did kilts they were always just absolutely covered in pish [emoji23]

Eta, re who invented it, my assumption would some middle aged group or Tartan Army bores. Like a group of 4 or 5 Colins from 2 doors down.

When did wearing a kilt become de rigeur for social occasions in Scotland? My dad didn’t wear a kilt when he got married in 1967, nobody at the wedding was in a kilt and none of the other family weddings around that time seem to have anyone wearing them. My dads side of the family are from the Borders and my mums from Shetland so maybe in other parts of the country it was more common though, before becoming normalised late in the 20th century.

Kilt suits are ace, simply for laziness if nothing else.

Socially acceptable way of wearing the same old thing every time.  Hanging away in the cupboard there, needing nothing other than a shirt with its collars and arms ironed at a minutes notice.