Unpopular opinions.

12 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Really?

Yes. They drew 12 games that season and their points return has been surpassed since then. They also only won the league that season and Chelsea put them out the champions league at the quarter finals so they did get beat by English teams.

9 hours ago, throbber said:

Yes. They drew 12 games that season and their points return has been surpassed since then. They also only won the league that season and Chelsea put them out the champions league at the quarter finals so they did get beat by English teams.

Who's gone undefeated since ? 

14 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Who's gone undefeated since ? 

Why does going undefeated matter is my main point? I’m seeing Arsenal fans come out and say that even though city and Utd have won trebles they haven’t gone a season domestically undefeated. Who cares? They won 1 trophy and finished on 90 points and didn’t win in 12/38 league games that season.

I'm with throbber here. Its an interesting and admirable wee stat to what go alongside what actually matters. No more than that. 

There are no extra points for it, and if you went the season unbeaten, but finished second, no one would give a f**k, and you would be analysing your failure to convert draws into wins.

https://twitter.com/shadygooner_/status/1668334237802721280?s=46

sir Alex actually does say the achievement stands above everything else in that link. What on earth is he talking about as a man who won the treble as well as numerous other trophy hauls in his career?

The Arsenal  team weren’t invincible they got beat by 3 English clubs that season to get eliminated from the cup competitions. It’s only since arguing this on Twitter I have realised what a fragile fan base they have!

I think the funniest stat is that Liverpool lost only one game in the 18/19 season and still finished second.

I was actually going to point out that there isn’t a trophy for going the season undefeated but they actually made one for that season so fair fucks

Edited by throbber

3 minutes ago, throbber said:

I was actually going to point out that there isn’t a trophy for going the season undefeated but they actually made one for that season so fair fucks

Your commitment to penis related social media is admirable. 

4 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

Surely one of the most impressive unbeaten seasons has to be AC MIlan in the early 1990s.  I think they went nearly two years without losing a league game.

Nah...going undefeated is a piece of piss apparently. 

25 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

How impressive an undefeated season is surely depends on how few of those results are draws. A team could conceivably go undefeated and still get relegated if they draw every game.

Not us, we'd have finished 8th last season. 

1 hour ago, Stellaboz said:

Not us, we'd have finished 8th last season. 

The only division (English and Scottish Leagues) drawing every game would have seen you relegated last season was Scottish League 2. Even then you could have avoided the drop... 

Yes, I'm bored. 

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

The only division (English and Scottish Leagues) drawing every game would have seen you relegated last season was Scottish League 2. Even then you could have avoided the drop... 

Yes, I'm bored. 

In England 40 points is usually the benchmark for guaranteed survival so 38 points I’m sure sees you relegated some seasons.

4 minutes ago, throbber said:

In England 40 points is usually the benchmark for guaranteed survival so 38 points I’m sure sees you relegated some seasons.

I don't doubt it would. That wouldn't have been the case last season though. 

5 minutes ago, throbber said:

95/96 - 99/00 - 04/05 - 05/06 - 06/07 - 07/08 - 08/09 - 09/10 - 11/12 - 13/14 - 14/05 - 18/19 - 19/20 - 21/22 for example.  

None of them were undefeated though. 

1 hour ago, hk blues said:

95/96 - 99/00 - 04/05 - 05/06 - 06/07 - 07/08 - 08/09 - 09/10 - 11/12 - 13/14 - 14/05 - 18/19 - 19/20 - 21/22 for example.  

None of them were undefeated though. 

I’d say If you drew every game of a season you’d have a good chance of staying up then.

Just now, throbber said:

I’d say If you drew every game of a season you’d have a good chance of staying up then.

14 times out of 31 it would've been enough given the 5 teams who went down on 38 points all had - GD.  

All very hypothetical though as it's never happened and never will.