Unpopular opinions.

On 13/06/2023 at 08:07, throbber said:

https://twitter.com/shadygooner_/status/1668334237802721280?s=46

sir Alex actually does say the achievement stands above everything else in that link. What on earth is he talking about as a man who won the treble as well as numerous other trophy hauls in his career?

The Arsenal  team weren’t invincible they got beat by 3 English clubs that season to get eliminated from the cup competitions. It’s only since arguing this on Twitter I have realised what a fragile fan base they have!

I think the funniest stat is that Liverpool lost only one game in the 18/19 season and still finished second.

On 13/06/2023 at 08:13, Bairnardo said:

Your commitment to penis related social media is admirable. 

On 13/06/2023 at 08:21, throbber said:

Is this a reference to my Twitter handle?

1 hour ago, throbber said:

I’m not sure anyone on here follows me on Twitter apart from you so I don’t know where this leak is coming from. 

45 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Neither do I. But he/she knows you...

The "leak" came from you posting a link to your Twitter on here whilst describing the argument you were having on Twitter...

ETA - I don't follow you on Twitter either just had a scan and found that particular post to be entertaining for many reasons. 

Edited by RuMoore

11 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

The "leak" came from you posting a link to your Twitter on here whilst describing the argument you were having on Twitter...

ETA - I don't follow you on Twitter either just had a scan and found that particular post to be entertaining for many reasons. 

I don’t know how you knew it was me. 

9 minutes ago, throbber said:

I don’t know how you knew it was me. 

You posted a link to the argument you were having which had your handle and then Bairnardo made a joke about it and you essentially confirmed it was you 😂

I'll delete my posts if you want of course but it was you who posted it. 

On 13/06/2023 at 08:13, Bairnardo said:

Your commitment to penis related social media is admirable. 

On 13/06/2023 at 08:21, throbber said:

Is this a reference to my Twitter handle?

2 minutes ago, RuMoore said:

You posted a link to the argument you were having which had your handle and then Bairnardo made a joke about it and you essentially confirmed it was you 😂

I'll delete my posts if you want of course but it was you who posted it. 

I wasn’t posting that link trying to get my Twitter account noticed  i hadn’t realised I tweeted right under it. I just wanted to show that SAF had genuinely said going a season undefeated was above everything else which is a staggering thing for him to say considering his team achieved far greater feats than that.

20 hours ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Alex Scott is a wid not

^^^ sister pants his his level

18 hours ago, Derry Alli said:

Arsenal bottling the league this season wasn't actually that funny. 

bit like falkirk, we all knew it was going to happen,

next 

seaason all googs on the daBS

ps sorry my pished keyboards can't keep up with my rational thoughts.

15 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

This will go down well here, but Stephens the bakers is shit, there pies and steak bridies are dried up in inside and have weird taste 

I'd rather have a Greggs tbh

*ill caveat that with our Stepehens is a bit of the Coop but don't get the love tbh.

Stephens isn't perfect although their stuff can be good. Their steak and haggis pies are better then their bridies imo. However, even know their worst days, Stephens is superior to Greggs. You could be there at opening time and you'd still be told that the sausage rolls and steak beaks aren't that hot. And a Stephens Caramel Shortcake doughnut is superior to any filled confectionery product Greggs makes. Although their Yum-Yums are decent.

20 minutes ago, SlipperyP said:

^^^ sister pants his his level

It's sad to imagine a time when SlipperyP wouldn't post gems like this anymore.

15 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

This will go down well here, but Stephens the bakers is shit, there pies and steak bridies are dried up in inside and have weird taste 

*ill caveat that with our Stepehens is a bit of the Coop but don't get the love tbh.

I'd have furiously countered that five years ago, but times change.

I bought a pie and fruit slice recently after a long time away, and the drop in quality is marked. Very disappointed.

4 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

I'm actually going off her. 

Liar.

Although, I'd still prefer P&B's old flame Ralston, or (and this is will be more proof that I'm not right) modern-day Carol Vorderman.

42 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Stephens isn't perfect although their stuff can be good. Their steak and haggis pies are better then their bridies imo. However, even know their worst days, Stephens is superior to Greggs. You could be there at opening time and you'd still be told that the sausage rolls and steak beaks aren't that hot. And a Stephens Caramel Shortcake doughnut is superior to any filled confectionery product Greggs makes. Although their Yum-Yums are decent.

I see your Stephens and raise you Bayne's. Their morning roll and coffee deal is excellent, their stuff delicious.

1 hour ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

100% agree. Far better local bakers up and down the country.

2 hours ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

When I first moved to Fife 25 years ago Stephen's bridies were fantastic. They are now a poor shadow of what they once were.

If you can find them, the Buffalo Farm from Kirkcaldy have excellent pies. 

2 hours ago, scottsdad said:

I see your Stephens and raise you Bayne's. Their morning roll and coffee deal is excellent, their stuff delicious.

It was always Baynes I'd go to when I was younger. I'd get some rolls or cabins (cavins? No idea) and my old man would get some well fired rolls. We also had Crawfords which was a good bakers too, then a bit further afield there was Stuarts and also Fisher & Donaldson. 

Is there anywhere that does decent doughnuts I'm Scotland. I like the ones that are like a heavy sponge with air bubbles in them and thick icing on top. I don't like the American ones that are chewy like Krispy Kremes.

In Stirling there used to be baynes bakers did them and whatever the Bakers was at the entrance to the thistle centre on port street that seems to be a Greggs now.

• 2 weeks later...